Coby 46" 1080p 3D LED HDTV

We are talking real Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I have been waiting all day for the Altec Lansing ear plugs, the golf club and the darn toaster to go and I now feel the three will outlive me and possibly my grandchildren.

Now tomorrow, I will be away from a computer almost all day so I am sure there will be a Woot off then.

OH, did I mention lamps? geesh, that too. So, so boring. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The brand name “Coby” was a marketing decision for this electronics company. They chose that name because it is similar to Sony. I’ve known people that actually bought a Coby product because they didn’t pay attention and thought it was Sony.

That is exactly the type of person they are marketing toward. Those that don’t pay attention. I used to work in retail and I’ve seen countless crappy products put out by this brand. Avoid Coby.

I’m looking for a 179 degree viewing angle, so I’m gonna pass.

Then get a plasma or something . . . (they’re 600 Hz)
Really, what use could someone have for a 480 Hz refresh rate? I have the feeling you fell for marketing hype, hard.

Anyone know if you need active 3d glasses for this? Also anyone know if it’s edge lit led or full array?

Wootalyzer is here, so I figure it MUST be comparable enough to a woot-off to justify intermittent pricing posts.

I found out it’s edge lit. Still not sure on the glasses, I’d prefer the kind that doesn’t need batteries. It seems this tv might require them.

Well…why not try one!? It Must be better than a 15 year old 32" Tube TV!
And my niece will be Thrilled on Christmas morning!

^^X^^

Seems you are incorrect about the origination of the name: “Coby was founded by Young Dong Lee who owns 100 percent of its capital stock. Its name comes from deleting the “w” and second “o” in Cowboy. Lee originally owned an electronics wholesaler called Cowboy.”

It’s crazy to say that someone would spend hundreds of dollars because they mistook “Coby” for “Sony”

It’s odd; those purchases disappeared, so maybe it was a bot? I don’t think I’ve seen that happen before.

LOL Refresh rate is not marketing hype. I have a 240Hz and a 60Hz at home. The difference is very noticeable. With 3D, it is even more noticeable. Compare them side-by-side, then get back to me.

And where do you think factory rejects from those 3 makers wind up?

It’s not crazy. It is what happened. The person literally said, “I thought it was Sony”. And even your Wikipedia link mentions the similarity between the logos.

At best the brand name is a happy accident for them. Bottom line: the products they put out are crap.

Complete and utter reading comprehension fail. If Sony thought that Coby was stealing sales from them because of the “similarity” in names, Coby would have been sued out of existence long ago.

come on woot! We wouldn’t by a Coby Television for 100 bucks. $400 might as well be $1 million.

Neither here nor there. The products are no good.

This is a little awkward :\

Wootalyzer is always here…always watching.

Goahead and checkitout sometime.

this is what happens when they dont call a woot off a woot off

XD I’m mostly on Home.woot, and he doesn’t follow me over there. ;D But I know you’re EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME.

It is “active” which means the glasses need batteries.

“Passive” is the type that does not need batteries.