Cold Steel Voyager Vaquero Folding Knife

You cannot sharpen the serrated blades, regardless, without killing the serrations and creating a plain edge–which is actually not a bad idea, IMHO. For the plain edge, just use a crock stick system. I highly recommend the Sypderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker® - Spyderco, Inc.

I guess this go-round there were no Large Plain Edge knives available, eh? For the people asking above, that would be my suggested buy here, but ANY of these will serve you well. The LARGE one is just visually extra imposing. :wink: It does fill a pocket though, while the Medium is plenty useful and a bit easier to carry.

If you find them a bit stiff at first, be sure to wash them well with soapy hot water, then dry them off, lube with some food grade mineral oil, and wipe off any excess. Your knife will then function beautifully, especially after a few hours of “practice” flipping it open and closed–which you WILL be doing, right? Always learn how to use your tools correctly! :wink:

PS: Cold Steel does make this in an Extra Large version, but woot! hasn’t ever sold those, IIRC. Those are like folding Bowie knives. :smiley:

Woot! What’s up with the coupon code for Texans? I was trying to go in for three of these (well over $40 coupon activation price point), but my secret code isn’t working. :-/

There are not enough superlatives in my vocabulary to reflect how much I love Cold Steel products. This knife is simply the best knife at this price point that I have ever owned. It’s not furniture, it won’t win any beauty pageants, but it is amazingly efficient at what it was designed for.

I own the large serrated version. I have somewhat large hands, and the handle on the large knife fits perfectly. Lots of people have mentioned the sharpness of the blade (which is exceedingly sharp, indeed), but few people are talking about how great the grip is. You can see in the picture how the handle looks like it’s grooved, like there’s a texture pattern in the mold. There is, but it’s far more grip-focused than you would imagine until you actually hold one.

The other feature that isn’t discussed often enough is the lock. Everyone prefers fixed blade knives because they’re stronger. This is as strong as a folding knife gets. I have been very impressed with the strength and durability of the patented Tri-Ad lock. It’s unreal.

Sure, don’t take my word for it; research before you buy. View the Cold Steel “Proof” videos (I’m sure they’re on YouTube for the Voyager series) and be amazed.

MY ZIP CODE IS UPSTATE NY, YOU FOOLS.
NOT NYC!!!

I CAN GOTO A STORE THAT SELLS NOTHING BUT KNIVES AND SWORDS DOWN THE STREET FROM ME.

Shipping across state lines restraints are different then shopping at a local store. Lots and lots of red tape.

I think I get the POINT. Everyone has been CUTTING to the chase. I think there are two edges of conversation here. ( I had to…)

love these knives, but be very careful. I have cut the plug out of myself on two different occasions with these things (one of which involved an emergency room visit). I am well versed in knives (been carrying one daily for 18 years) but something about the mechanism and shape combined with the sharpness of these knives has gotten me twice now.

The medium straight edged one here has been my EDC knife for a good three months. I’ve been very pleased. Had some minor rust spots about a week in (at least I thought they were), but polished those off and oiled the knife a bit. Since then, I haven’t maintained it at all and it’s been spectacular. The medium is a great EDC size IMO, and I’ll be honest that I beat on this knife quite a bit. Including an attempt to cut through thin steel cable (long story).

Final point: If you’re on the fence at all, buy it.

I’ve been stalking woot for these ever since I missed the one listed on the woot.off. I said if it came up again, I’d buy one or two. I lied…

…I bought 3.

2x Medium Plain (1 for a gift)
1x Large Serrated.

Looking forward to seeing them.

Fastest. Woot. Delivery. Ever.
Ermahgerd… 4 days???
Medium straight edge… fits nicely in my girlish hands. Locking mech is a little stiff, like the extra clip for lefty weirdos.
4 days… wow.

I got mine too. Locking mechanism is EXTREMELY stiff. Going to try the soap and water and oiling method.

It is so hard to unlock that I cut myself when it finally unlocked and closed on my finger. Other than that, it’s a great knife.

You guys stink. I bought 3 and still haven’t received them.

Maybe it’s taking longer since 3 of them are so heavy…

Sorry for the late reply.
It usually takes up to 5 business days for the shipping process. However, if you haven’t seen any shipping update activity yet I would email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and inquire about it.

Thanks for the reply, I got all 3 today!

They look great. 1 of them is for a friend of mine who just had a baby. Nothing says “Congratulations on your new beautifully-fragile bundle of joy” like a nice razor sharp chunk of steel. :slight_smile:

…the other two are mine.