Coleman 36 Quart Cooler with Built-in Radio

aspxtreme Reviews

Meh, for 11 bucks more (after tax and shipping) one could order from Amazon and save yourself from slow shipping times and lackluster customer service email responses.

if it only had a built-in flashlight…

W00T has one of the best customer service departments on the web!!! What is this LACKLUSTER you speak of?

And a grenade launcher!

RTFD. It has an input (3.5mm jack, I’d guess) for MP3 (or whatever). So plug in your Sansa/Zune/whatever and crank up the Kenny Loggins… dedumdum “I’m all right! Nobody worry bout me!”

If only it had wheels… i would never need to come home

So where can I put the mp3 player after I plug it in? Not having a waterproof location for the player is the only thing keeping me from buying this.

anyone else having trouble with their order processing? mine’s taking forever…

Someone just complained on the main site forum.

Mashups like this are popular in Arizona for floats down the Salt River. I built one of these on my own and probably spent 3 times this price (of course it had nicer speakers and a cd player and ran from an ATV battery).

Anyhow, I bought an Otterbox for my iPod nano and used industrial velcro to attach it to the front of the cooler. That way it was removable and accessible. Incidentally, I also had sunscreen, a sunglasses case, and a supersoaker gun velcro’d to the outside of the cooler.

Would be much cooler if it had an I-pod dock. FM is terrible!!

While carrying this cooler out to the beach listening to the radio, you’ll probably start wondering why you didn’t opt for a cooler with wheels.

The cooler actually does have an MP3 (aux) input jack. You just need to get a cable to connect the cooler to your I-pod via its headphone (output) jack.

Do that and Voilà! you can now listen to your I-pod through this cooler’s crappy little speakers.

Funny - I usually find the wheels are great anywhere except the beach.

Is this an actual COOLER (i.e., Peltier junction refrigeration block), or is it just an insulated box with a radio?

I’ve got a cooler (and heater too, if you reverse the polarity on the power cord), IIRC it’s a Coleman too, paid about the same price for it a few years ago. No radio, though.

Well, it’s $40 bucks including the radio. And if you put some ice in it, it will keep your stuff cool.

This is totally unrelated, but I just wanted to give you kudos on your creative use of a QR code! 69 Woots: impressive!

Shipping Update

Coleman 36 Quart Cooler with Built-in Radio has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING