Colgate-Palmolive Murphy Oil Soap, 1 Gal

Colgate-Palmolive Murphy Oil Soap, 1 Gal

Don’t use Murphy’s Oil Soap on your hardwood floors.

1 Like

That said, I love the smell of this stuff. Just buy the bottle and huff it.

I use this and only this on my hardwood kitchen floor and natural wood cabinets. Cleans well and environmentally safe.

“Morale of the story: …”

Are things that bad at Woot? Perhaps you need to start a Moral Committee to boost spirits.

mor·al /ˈmôrəl/ noun

A lesson, especially one concerning what is right or prudent, that can be derived from a story, a piece of information, or an experience.

2 Likes

YAY! You found our only error of the day! CONGRATS!

5 Likes

Are you really that bored and petty, djfurci?

In that review, they quote:

"Bellawood Prefinished Hardwood Floors Certified 50 Year Warranty expressly states, “Do not wash or wet mop the floor with soap, water, oil-soap detergent or any other liquid cleaning material. This could cause swelling, warping, delamination, and joint-line separation, and void the warranty.”

“swelling warping, delamination, etc.” sounds like a laminate floor. I can’t imagine a quick, damp wipe, causing any of those issue with a hardwood floor.

In fact, I find it hard to believe that would happen even on a laminate wood floor, unless someone puddled it on the floor and left it sit.

However, I do agree that this does leave residue that builds up over time and I’m, not a fan for that reason.

My wife and I have also used this for years. We do, however, mix it about 5 to one with water to seriously dilute it. I have not found that this ratio has left any sticky residue or dulled the shine.

We use it to wash our RV roof. Cleans great and the excess that runs down the outside does not take off the trailer wax.

:grin: :laughing: FIXED!

I’ll be honest, when I was writing that I was also down a YouTube rabbit hole. At first I was doing…research…on theories of the season 3 finale of WestWorld and somehow found my way to a series about cats going through obstacle courses. Truly…honestly, fascinating.

Moral of the story: Don’t watch cat vids while trying to write. First watch cat videos. Then write. Finally, go back to cat videos. :grinning:

Truthfully? We just get distracted y’know, with life sometimes, so I appreciate when the community points things out to let me know.

I will say this though, I use this exact brand on my wood floors and it’s the only one that I actually like. Totally not a plug, I wasn’t paid to write this…although…I am paid and I do write so…

Yeah, don’t listen to anything I say. :speak_no_evil:

1 Like