Colorful Kitchenware

I have a ridiculous love for my grilled cheese pan (aka the 7" frying pan), and the tea set looks pretty complete and basic for a new apartment. It looks like there are a lot of blue items scattered through this sale if you want to stick to a color theme (I always try to, but let me tell you finding purple gear for my kitchen is not always easy).

What do you think about these items? Do you also coordinate your kitchen in certain colors?

Can Someone Please tell me if the Collapsible Collander is a 2 Piece System,

Or One Piece where u can Changed the Handles ?

See here
http://sellout.woot.com/offers/starfrit-collapsible-silicone-colander-2

Yay food!

I too like me some grilled cheese on occasion. Especially with tomato soup. YUM!! I’m considering buying all 3 colors of the 7x7 pan with the idea of hanging them on the wall sort of beside eachother near the stove. At-the-ready access for the emergency steak-um, etc. So I’d like to know how the colors will hold up. Anyone have these colored cooking pans? Should I plan on owning 3 black-colored pans eventually?

Mine seem to be holding up but I’ve only used them a few times. Let me mail the other person I know that has them and see if she has more to add. :slight_smile:

I also have two of these pans and after using a few dozen times the color is still perfect. I use mine on a gas burner, hand wash, and season every other time I use 'em. (I also store them nested with a paper towel in between). I noticed a few little scratches where the rings are (from my cast iron burners) but nothing harsh. No big chips, definitely no charring on the color itself!

Right before I got these pans I learned about proper care for nonstick, and I can’t believe how great these pans work when used correctly. Maybe that goes for all non-stick, but these have the added bonus of being super cute, too. :wink:

Thank you for the input Inkycatz and Arismella. I bought the red & blue so far. Now that I’ve had time to ponder your positive comments, I feel very inclined to go with the 7" pink also (ONLY for the nostalgia of owning the set!). This really is the only size I use. My son & I are hot grilled sandwich eaters!

Seriously considering getting one of the colanders, but my only concern is that it will totally show up my plastic-and-silicone one that paid too much for. Sheesh…why couldn’t you have come along months ago, woot plus?!

Does anyone know if the tea pot is microwave safe? It says that it is dishwasher safe but doesn’t mention microwave… I’m looking for one to leave at my parent’s house but I heat the water or re-heat my tea in the microwave so having a teapot crack in the microwave would kinda defeat the purpose of getting it :stuck_out_tongue:

I purchased the colander last time it was on Woot. It is a good one, I downsized into a much smaller home and cupboard space is inadequate. Nice that this folds down.
As to the dishware. The blue in the picture looks almost like teal. Unfortunately, what I received is a dark navy blue. It’s not very good looking; my sister paints, I think I’m going to ask her to paint some flowers on it. As it is now, it’s way too dark and dull for anyone to like it.

does the teapot have a tab in the lid so it doesn’t fall while pouring?

I’m interested in the Fagor rectangular baking pan. $27 for an enameled cast iron baking dish sounds pretty good!

Does anyone know about Fagor’s reputation as a brand for their cast iron cookware? I’ve used and loved my Lodge cast iron stuff, but I haven’t tried Fagor before.

If you haven’t received an answer about this, you have to choose between one of the two handle types.

I’m leaning towards the long handled one for my soon to be moved in apartment. It has a one basin wide sink, so spanning the sink should be helpful.

Mine is all one piece, they sell two different styles depending on what you want.

Here it was last time for any future questions.

I don’t know if I should start helping around these parts. I already spend an hour a night on the main woot properties.

I have this exact pan that I paid $90 about 10 months ago. It heats well and evenly like cast iron but has the enameled inside which takes a while to get used to, but it does clean up well and no need to season. It is my go to pan now for anything that goes in the oven and well worth the money (even the amount I had to pay). Not sure if this helps but I hope it did.

rectangular pan $27, Is this pan real heavy?

can anyone help out here? is my lid gonna fall while i’m serving tea?

I do NOT “know” - what i do know is though that stoneware is more durable than most dishware. Is fired at about 2185 degrees Fahrenheit compared to earthenwares being around 1915 degrees. It generally is save for use in ovens, microwaves, dishwashers, etc. I would not recommend putting it in the microwave if the manufacturer doesn’t have that on it though since I am not a dishware expert & am not sure if somehow the thickness or other changed from mug to teapot make some difference in durability. But NORMALLY stoneware is typically considered microwave safe.

Edit to say I did a little digging & found this: http://www.amazon.com/Price-Kensington-Teapot-Bright-Orange/dp/B004HHOCP6 Look to be the same teapot & on there it does say it is microwave safe.

The Paella Pan (redundant) is $62 on amazon - not too shabby.