Columbia Tidewater Watch

you can find a blue/black one at www.westmarine.com for $49.88. Limited availability. Ship to store is free if you have a store nearby.

Regards,

mike

Where did you earn your science degree?

Thanks for posting the instruction page. I was able to see the locations listed and there are only 31 locations listed for the “West USA”, mainly California locations. Did not seem to have any tides for Washington state or Oregon. What is up with that? The northwest has a lot of outdoor folks who “could have” used this watch if the tides had more options. Bummer.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone still make an inexpensive digital watch that isn’t the size of a pro wrestling title belt?

Anytime I see a sleek, non-clunky watch it’s analog.

The channel that tells you only the stories you want to hear.

The link you and Robin posted doesn’t even go to the same watch, look at the pics they are different.

Whoever makes this watch needs to modify it so that an owner can download the tides sites they actually need. If I’m sailing in the NE US and in the Caribbean, just give me those sites and don’t bother me with Japan and the Pacific coast.

With that modification, it would be a big seller.

put a BIRD on it!

Wow, this actually works for me… I’m only 3 miles from La Jolla… That’s the Scripp’s Pier. Why they would call it a warf, who knows, as only UCSD and Scripps Oceanographic Institute peeps can use it (other than for surfing under).

Well that is right as far as the moon is concerned but, as the earth turns high and low tides occur at different times per actual location. In fact, not just east and west but much smaller geographical lines. I live on the coast, in fact the NC coast where just a few feet and sometimes a few inches of water makes the difference if you can maneuver a boat or not. For this thing to be of any use to you, you want to be relatively close, say 20 -30 miles max, from any location it is using to give you info from.

Well factually it is if you want to hear anything that is even remotely close to the truth. And of course it is also possible to get news reporting on events the others sweep under the rug.

Wow, no kidding! This watch doesn’t have Seattle or anything else in the Puget Sound.

How effective is the Tidewater in a…tsunami alert?

This watch appears to be based on the same design as my Columbia watch with compass. The temp is always wrong unless you take it off and let it sit … I have read reviews that some folks have experienced bad temps even with the watch off. (For what its worth).

Ok, you made me lol so I’ll answer. Go search amazon for casios in the $20 range. There’s plenty and they won’t be the enormous watches that are in style now. Maybe look for a unisex one, or one in the timex ironman line.

Totaly worthless in Washington & Alaska. I contacted Columbia and was directed to the supplier who said the lack of tide data in Washington/Alaska is a big problem and cannot be fixed. What do I do now ?

Please feel free to contact support@woot.com for options. :slight_smile: