Commercial Cool 12k BTU Portable AC

Commercial Cool 12k BTU Portable AC

That’s actually quite a good price for a 12k AC.

Wonder if this would be suitable for a car? :thinking:

How long is your extension cord?

2 Likes

This deal was to great to miss but sadly I missed this deal, If ever this deal open again I will order it, I ask WOOT to please contact me when this deal become available again.

1 Like

These never seem to come available when the 90 day warranty spans the summer. I’d expect it back around October.

1 Like

It is a real American thing and not just photoshop gag photos:

Apparently even billionaires in all black armored SUVs do not like the heat

1 Like

That looks like a PYLE PINV11 which is 200 Watt. Something like that is built into a lot of hybrid cars so they have an electric outlet but they are limited. Owners are warned not to exceed ratings (this assumes red blooded American males read manuals before purple plumes of smoke). Some built in inverter outlets look like this (not all have wattage so clearly).

A 12000 BTU air conditioner runs at 1200 Watts with 1700 to 2400 Watts surge. Assuming it turns on, it likely cannot run. A massive current over draw can result in electrical damage and may result in making Wooter277674486 even warmer if he catches fire.

Not to be a “Debbie Downer,” but anyone trying this with an inverter and their auto electrical system does need consider current draw. The safety issues are real. Fire and smoke in a car while driving are no fun. An inverter can handle the current draw of a small fan but not an AC compressor.

3 Likes

Great deal, I thought. I ordered it thinking it would certainly be here by the 8th for my wife’s birthday, buuuut it still hasn’t shipped. Did the monkeys get a hold of mine and decide to keep it? Come on guys, you are usually right on the ball. I’ve already received items I ordered after this.

1 Like

It showed up fast enough. Finally plugged it in today. Future ex says it’s too loud, order a quieter one.

2 Likes

Hi there. Not sure what the delay was (shipped from Amazon) but it looks like it shipped today.

1 Like

Future ex??? “…Order a quieter one?”

I sense conflicting thoughts.

1 Like

Thank you, it actually made it here on her birthday. Of course I couldn’t set it up like I wanted to, but she did get to see that I really did get her something.

2 Likes