Compaq Athlon 64 3800+ Media Center PC

How is this different from the one sold in the latest woot off ?

What? Newegg is selling 52 different dual core AM2s right now.

Two red flags:

1. Refurb
  2. Compaq

Need I say more?

not dual core.
only one hard drive… not really that big.
256mg SHARED graphics card.

hmmm…

i recently built an opteron 170, 2x1gb ddr, dedicated pcie 256mg graphics, 2x320GB SATA drives and 2x DVD/dual layer WR for just about that price.

still, if one doesnt have the time to shop and build, i suppose this is not too bad a deal.

Refurb Woot at 1 a.m. does not bode well for me.

Plus, only 200GB hard drive, no S-video out, TV tuner, 1GB memory, and all the other things it is lacking that my mind simply cannot think of at this hour.

(Side note: School and work managed to hinder me from picking up the 2GB Sony MP3 player two days ago. If anyone bought three, and are looking to unload one, I am looking for one for running with. Please, email me at: invisiblegt@yahoo.com

Thank you.)

And this gives you the authority to talk about any other compaq How?

A “Mac Mini” certainly supports windows network protocols. So if you want to plug them both into your hub/router/switch/whatever that would work.

not a bad price. im gonna have to think about this. how long do these woot usually last?

[quote user=“Bezalel”]
The motherboard used in this system is an ASUS A8M2N-LA This is a custom board made for HP/Compaq.[/quote

excellent.thanks.

dude compaq has gone downhill since then… I wish woot would offer some refurb macs.

Surely there are better deals, what with this being refurbished and all, but it IS under warranty and it’s a decent value; you’ll be hard-pressed to build a computer of this caliber at such price. No, we’re taking the consideration that you will be buying a Windows operating system (no pirated copies for you, yarr).

Depends on quantity.

An if that isn’t enough, two more red flags:

1. Compaq
  2. Compaq

You can get a dell with 22" LCD for $519

keys have been out for months. PS3 the easiest way to rip an image if you get the key online or from the “player” method, but I’m not gonna teach people. (with different OS)

Many hd/blu-ray suck as far as features go…many have no commentary at all or any of the great features some dvds have

I wonder if they took Windows off of this, if it would drop the price more than $100.

Woot, if you are going to offer expensive reefeerbs with 90 day warranties, how about taking a cue from places like Amazon, and offer reasonably-priced extended warranties? 90 days isn’t much for a nearly $400 piece of equipment…

Oh, and unlike Dell, Compaqs tend to use generic (well, generic enough) parts, so if things go down or if you want to upgrade, you can just buy the parts from newegg or something. Dell? I think if you swap out the PSU, either the motherboard dies or PSU blows up in your face, I think.

This is the first time they sold it under this name. This is the only one that is exactly the same that I can find: this one.

They did sell a better rig a while ago from Compaq. You must be confused because woot sells budget machines with Media Center almost as much as it sells Roombas. And you’ve never wooted this item, you don’t buy woot stuff, remember?

I think that Woot used Babel Fish to translate. I used it and got the same translation.