Compaq Presario Pentium 4 3GHz Desktop PC

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - Saving Woot prices for decades to come

Each night at 12:00, the price of the old Woot item mysteriously goes missing – forever. What happens to this price, you may ask? According to our “highly-accredited” sources, the Russian mafia has hacked Woot’s servers and permanantly erases the price each night! MWAHAHA! But Wootalyzer is here to help! Our Woot-Security System 2000 stores the price on our multiple secure servers, SAFE from those crazy Russian hackers! Oh wait… maybe that’s not completely true. By “Crazy Russian Hackers,” perhaps I meant to say “Crazy Woot Development Monkies.” And by “Woot-Security System 2000,” perhaps I meant to say “Forum Post.” Meh, Close Enough.

Compaq Presario Pentium 4 3GHz Desktop PC
$299.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Compaq Presario SR2170NX Desktop P4 3GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, DVDRW, Vista Home OS

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

and now… some linkage… all those comparison shopping links… could be useful… other than that, why can’t we get this product in fire engine red… or something… nevermind… its a refurbie… not worthy of hot fire status… … … YET.

CPU unlocked ?

Pentium 4? No thanks.

no dual core, no monitor, no deal

Compaq makes lousy computers.

crappy woot… good night…
i bought a desktop 3 years ago with this same spec, bigger 250 hd for 350 dollar… where’s the BOC!!!

Compaq? Do they still have the same reputation for lousy quality thay used to? Or did they get better when they got bought by HP?

Maybe back in 2004… Vista is terrible. See y’all tomorrow.

it was like looking in a mirror. I am on this right now. Not bad for a slow computer without much memory. For basic internet browsing this is fine.

This seems to be a great buy for a back to school computer, if your kid does not need a laptop. I already have a good enough system, but this one is much much better.

Frys.com offers the factory-refurbished HP Pavilion a1730n Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz Desktop PC for $399.99. With $12.72 for shipping, it’s the lowest total price we could find for this configuration by $75. Features include the Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 320GB Serial ATA hard drive, dual layer DVD burner with LightScribe, USB infrared remote and receiver, memory card reader, and Windows Vista Home Premium. Deal ends August 24.
http://shop3.outpost.com/product/5340988
Only $100 more… twice as good!(jk)

Click the item for a different picture!

Pretty solid buy for somebody that just needs a word processing/internet machine. Too bad it’s Vista though, this machine would be much better off with XP MCE or XP.

Compaq… Should be called Trash Compactor. I hate Compaq and HP. They put Small power supplies that last just to the end of warranty. Would not touch this one with a 10 foot pole. L O L … If I know it was in a B O C, I would not buy it for a Buck.

I found this at Dealtime for at least $100 more. Is this a good price for this PC? Seems to have all the features that I would want in a modern PC. Is this powerful enough for Video Editing or Photoshop work? Thanks.

Sorry woot! This is an awful deal. I got a Acer x2 4000+ 250gb 1gb ddr2 w/vista home premium for $240 new. Had to return the monitor, but just trying to point out there’s a lot cheaper to be had for low-end comps with better warranties.

Compaq/HP make terrible machines - desktop and laptop. Compaq business used to be reasonable quality until HP merged with them and quality went the same way…

No… Their reputation has only gotten worse… Calling it Lousy is a compliment to where they really are…

Not even close, especially with Vista.