Compaq Presario Pentium 4 3GHz Desktop PC

That’s why you install Gentoo and MythTv.

The case looks pretty shabby for me… Like an early 90’s case

Here’s a note a refurbed PC… is an obsolete pc woot can keep it

You can buy a Dell for two hundred more and it comes with warranty , it’s NEW, and it has a flat panel monitor.

Wow…Where did you see a 3.5 floppy? The description specifically says, “NO FLOPPY DRIVE”
This is a decent computer for a low, low price. Sheesh…what a bunch of snooty computer freaks…

Problem number 1 - It’s a Compaq

Small Hard Drive, no card readers, Pentium 4 spends too much of it’s processing ability for tattle-tailing.

Thus far I have been very unimpressed with Vista.

No it is not compatable with a Mac.

Is anyone else sad about how hard it is to buy new consumer level PCs that DON’T come loaded with Vista? Vista is bloatware garbage, they took a perfectly good thing and screwed it up.

XP was relatively stable, easy to use, and powerful. After spending about ten hours using Vista on various computers, I have found NOTHING to like about it, and it kills the performance of most PCs. 1GB is barely enough.

Shit, I would rather just get a computer with nothing at all on it and just put Linux on it myself. As such, the idea that any of that $300 is going to M$ for their lousy efforts is a deal breaker for me. Which may well mean that I am going to have to stick with used PCs for the near future.

Way to screw over the whole PC industry, Microsoft.

this is by no means modern

actually Compaq is made by HP.

I have had nothing but trouble from HP, and their off shore-follow the phone support-geeked-technical support-from cleveland. Who, not only don’t know whats wrong, but also have to soend 45 minutes doing all the old stuff. I still hate them.

I hate them so much that I would not advise my husbands EX-wife to buy one. (she’s Satan’s little sister, you know)

save your money… i got this computer from my parents, wish they would have just given me cash. now it sits on my floor as i play with my new acer.

advise for parents: dont buy this computer for ur graduate, they will hate you for it!

Track Woot With Pricing Links and More!

I use to love compac before they were bought out by HP. Now i wouldn’t touch them.
Top it off by adding Vista and there’s no way i’d buy it,

Compaq was the worse PC I ever owned. Been a while but was so bad I can never forgive them. not ribs at all

NOOooooo, I would have bought 3 if it would just have had Windows XP on them instead

the warranty kills this deal.

yea, it is only a compaq. Yea it is a refurb. a year warranty would make this almost worthwhile. It would take $300 or more in parts, with tax and shipping to build this.

My brother has one and it works well. Over all, the hardware seems ok, and the lightscribe is really cool, but I have no idea how it will run with vista because he still uses xp home.

Didn’t HP buy Compaq ? Was under than impression that computers are no longer produced with the “Compaq” name.

I really like how ‘No floppy drive’ is a feature. If only more PC’s these days came that way…

DO NOT BUY! I purchased one of these in May, and because it is refurbished, it has only a 3-month warranty. Three months and 5 days later, it completely died. Have been working with tech support, but they are no help, and they don’t seem to want to replace the motherboard or whatever has died. $299 is way too much to spend on a boat anchor, and a bad one of those at that!

I’m in for the troops for the ram alone.

No refurbished computers for me, thanks. Too much can go wrong with a brand-new box to buy one with a 90-day warranty, much less one that’s already exploded before.

If you do buy this, though, a Windows XP install disc and a reformat as soon as the machine arrives would make your life a whole lot easier.