Compaq SR2170NX Desktop PC

Opened mine up from two months ago, didn’t seem like it was used at all.

Hard to say… but they restore it like new (suppose to!!!)

This is probably good for light duty use - internet surfing, word processing/spreadsheet, playing mp3s… not much else beyond that with that super-light duty graphics card and the Pentium 4.

Pentium 4?! I don’t recommend buying a PC with a processor that’s already obsolete before you buy it.

Seriously…

Who here NEEDS another desktop… let alone one with the horribly intrusive Vista…???

No sir, I don’t like it…

-meaty

This is a dog. Spend a few more dollars and get a new machine with a warranty that is worth something. Woof, Woof; not woot, woot.

quote co6013 can i play flight simulator x on these?
only if you enjoy interactive flight simulating slideshows.
try fp 04.
also, curse you woot for your quoting system.
surprisingly decent graphics card in it.
something significantly better would probably consume too much power for one of these.
great present for kids.
think of it as a really awesome bare bones system.

First off, I like woot, but
I love Claire Danes and I didn’t care for the shabby story where you defamed her looks, maybe because I look like her actually.
Second, does it come with WIndows Visa or just run Windows Vista?

I must agree. If a computer can not run Vista ultimate on an emulator stable, Then no reason for an attempt to make it your primary OS.

Maybe if it had XP instead of Vista…

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000M8MWHO

WHOA, no wonder why it’s on clearance! :open_mouth:

Does Compaq mean it is compact at delivering perfomance

(Gosh I’m a friggin’ nerd)

Features:

No floppy drive

That’s one of my favorite features on this computer.

nice computer, h-p makes similar, good price too.

Agree. Plus one really needs a dual core processor to run Vista efficiently. Also, there is no Vista back up disk included. This is not that good of a deal in my opionion compared to what’s out there today if you shop around.

Actually, 90% of Compaq referbs are loaner units, and we’ll be seeing more and more of these as 2008 goes along. They’ll ship 200 of them to a convention to set up a media room, or an e-mail lounge, etc, then get them shipped back, pull the HDs, put in a new one, put them on the referb aisle.

Fry’s recently landed a few pallets of a bit faster model than these, and there were no returns when I went back and checked for another one a few days later, this for a store infamous for returns. Got it’s cousin sitting across the room from me - at idle, they’re silent, and only turn up the sound when put on a big load. Tossing in a PCI-E video card is extremely easy, and if you’ve got those Pinnacle PCI-HD cards, they’ll handle them just fine.

Price has me really tempted; need something to replace an aging AMD unit. Don’t know, though… Quarter tempted to spend a bit more and get something 2-3 times as fast.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

thanks,i was going to buy this until i read the reviews on amazon of current owners…what a junker this is…

The q stands for that poor computer user quivering with fear of the possibility that this system may burst into tiny pieces at any moment.

I have an ithcy BUY finger and got WAY too excited, my lady needs a good PC for her classroom, but after reading the reviews on amazon and here I think I just made a HUGE mistake. I really hope the “refurb” edition means they took care of some of these horrible issues!

Alright I know someone know the facts. I thought HP purchased and discontinued the Compaq name. Are these that old, Or have I read incorrectly?