CompoSpin Outdoor Composter with Rolling Base

Shut down all the composters on the detention level!

I’s more like a death star full of fecal matter in other words a big ball of turd.

It looks like somebody made a composter out of the DEATHST…oh.

Somebody already made the Deathstar joke.

A lot.

Mixed reviews that overall lean towards bad on Amazon. Most common complain is the door getting jammed/frozen shut & compost juice spillage. Check it out before you buy!!! http://tinyurl.com/STC33371-Reviews

Looks more like an escape pod.

Let’s keep track of the number of Star Wars/Death Star jokes.

…GO!

Is this composter any more efficient than digging a hole in the ground? I would have to assume that all the insects and worms in the ground probably do a much better and quicker job than something like this that’s not even touching the ground.

My guess is, this is only useful for people that live in apartments (with a balcony).

I have looked into this model before. Really the only con I have found is the door may get stuck shut with half composted gunk.

I don’t think I’d want to live on the apartment below them.

I haven’t owned this composter, so I can’t really compare, but I’ve been really impressed with how well digging a hole in the ground has worked. My parents always composted with a homemade bin and I tried a hole in the ground instead. Stuff composts way faster in the hole in the ground. It’s now far and away my preferred composing method. The worms are definitely part of it, but I think that the fungi and the microorganisms get in on it too.

I bought a 10$ black trash can that I cut the bottom out of, then buried it about 15" right next to my garden. I find it totally unnecessary to turn it. When its time to plant I simply pull the trash can out of the ground and voila, compost.

After watching the “How Woot Works” video on product photos, I feel Rick had to do too much work here. With assembling, dis-assembly, and taking so many photos I feel like the next woot-off pictures are behind schedule.

I thought it had a stainless steel interior. I was thinking that seemed unnecessary for a composter…

LOL

I feel a great disturbance in the force…

darn. I’m looking for a composter, but I have no yard to roll it around in, and I don’t want to keep a hammer next to it to get it open, if I could get it open. Anyone got any other suggestions?

I bought the spider looking composter the first time it was offered on WOOT and I LOVE IT!!! I don’t use the base, prefer to just roll it around the yard. My little nephew loves to bring rotting food over to add to it and to roll it around. There is no smell if you’re doing it right and adding brown and green organic matter. It has an earthy smell which I kinda like. Another plus is that the amount of trash that goes to the dumpster is so little that I actually only make a dumpster trip about once every 2 weeks. This one looks like it way easier to put together. The lid does stick occasionally but if you use the fork thingy to open it it’s much easier, also, I just clean the track and it’s good to go.

Just keep the inner track clean and it’s good to go. I usually use a piece of branch to clear it.

Just keep the inner track clean by wiping the small bits into the composter.

You must use the fork.

(how dare you post so many serious discussion posts without a Star Wars reference!)

Too late WOOT!
This would have made a great Halloween lawn ornament.
Strange lights inside…or pieces of people hanging out. Flying monkeys!
The possibilities are limited only by your warped mind.