Computer Troubles and help thread

I thought someone else would have posted it but it didn’t happen, so I am following someone suggestion as to add a computer help thread.

the purpose of the thread:
-To help people get over their computer troubles.

basically if you are having an issue with your computer, and troubles at all, post here and the computer people of the woot forums can try and help you out with your problems.

[quote user=“cruzer”]I thought someone else would have posted it but it didn’t happen, so I am following someone suggestion as to add a computer help thread.

basically if you are having an issue with your computer, and troubles at all, post here and the computer people of the woot forums can try and help you out with your problems.
[/quote]

I have a computer . . . that’s the trouble . . .

“Yeah, we’ve got that.”

Okay . . . as soon as I can post lucid question, I’ll await with eager anticipatory delight an equally lucid (and dummy-proof) response!!

ook here’s what you do…shut down, restart, repeat…

[quote user=“cruzer”]

ook here’s what you do…shut down, restart, repeat…[/quote]

…but, in what order?

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]

…but, in what order? [/quote]

Hooray, she’s back. Damn girl, I’ve been worried about you.

[quote user=“cruzer”]

Okay, I’m walking; not crawling . . . it has to do with wireless home networking, file sharing, and printer networking. I know enough to screw everything up and most Help programs, as simple as they make it all sound, still use jargon that I’m not familiar with . . .

[quote user=“cruzer”]I thought someone else would have posted it but it didn’t happen, so I am following someone suggestion as to add a computer help thread.

[/quote]
A thread like this could grow to exceed the post whore thread. My computer, firewall, virus scan and spyware programs are working great. Downloads are speedy, no pop ups, no BHO’s, excellent bandwidth.
IE is apparently faulty, though…even though homepage is set to another site, I keep returning to some other site [www.woot.com] that I can’t seem to leave. [www.woot.com] Dammit, there it did it again! [www.woot.com] Stop that!

[quote user=“cruzer”]

I can’t seem to get that to work. Whenever I try it, my screen goes blank before I can get to the second step.

[quote user=“kpk021”]

I can’t seem to get that to work. Whenever I try it, my screen goes blank before I can get to the second step.[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user=“cruzer”]

OHHHH, That’s what is wrong.
I was doing lather, rinse and repeat.
But my pc is clean and silky smooth now!

I have a computer . . . that’s the trouble . . .

“Yeah, we’ve got that.”

Okay . . . as soon as I can post lucid question, I’ll await with eager anticipatory delight an equally lucid (and dummy-proof) response!!

ook here’s what you do…shut down, restart, repeat…

…but, in what order?

Hooray, she’s back. Damn girl, I’ve been worried about you.

Okay, I’m walking; not crawling . . . it has to do with wireless home networking, file sharing, and printer networking. I know enough to screw everything up and most Help programs, as simple as they make it all sound, still use jargon that I’m not familiar with . . .

A thread like this could grow to exceed the post whore thread. My computer, firewall, virus scan and spyware programs are working great. Downloads are speedy, no pop ups, no BHO’s, excellent bandwidth.
IE is apparently faulty, though…even though homepage is set to another site, I keep returning to some other site [www.woot.com] that I can’t seem to leave. [www.woot.com] Dammit, there it did it again! [www.woot.com] Stop that!