Computers!

The Tennessee sales tax holiday is Aug. 1 through 3. Does it apply to items I buy on Woot? I see it shows the estimated sales tax amount at checkout, so I wanted to check.

The description is inaccurate. The hard drive is 750 GB not 750 TB.

Hi there. Talked with our tax dude and yes, it does apply as long as the item applies per TN’s laws.

In this case, we’re not sure why our tax logic isn’t working (we tested it too) so we’re looking into that.

In the meantime, if you want to order, just follow the order with an email to support@woot.com and explain the situation so they can refund the sales tax.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

So what is the max memory on this laptop please? Thanks

Hi! Repowered PRODUCTS COME IN BOXES AS NEW PRODUCTS?

Hello!

Depending on the vendor, the package is either repackaged or retains the original retail boxing.

Refurbished items are regularly not repackaged in their original retail packaging whereas New and Factory reconditioned most commonly are.

I hope this information has been helpful!

Having had purchased a HP ENVY H8-1414 from woot as a refurb I would like to pass on my 2 cents worth. I have bought refurbed products before from woot and never experienced any issues. The HP however has been a terrible experience. Within 30 days after purchase it had to be returned for a new motherboard. I have never had a motherboard replaced on any PC. HP did fix the unit and returned it promptly. Then right after the warranty ran out the audio stopped working spent some more dough to fix that issue and now my connectivity with the internet has failed, without a warranty HP wants $59 plus 14.95 per month to fix it and cover this POS for 12 months. It’s not woot’s fault but right now I have a big paperweight with a HP logo and a 1tb hard drive collecting dust. Unfortunately the square deal was not offered when I made my worse woot purchase ever.

I also purchased a refurbished HP H8-1414 last June…But,that`s where the similarity ends…My Envy H8-1414 has worked FLAWLESSLY from day one(I typing this on it right now)…I was skeptical about buying a refurbished pc,but my experience has been nothing but GREAT and I would buy another HP refurb from woot in a heartbeat( and YES I did receive the correct model I ordered and it came with the correct O.S.) and you could not tell it from BRAND NEW!!

Some computers on Woot are described as “factory reconditioned” and some as “factory refurbished”. What’s the difference besides the box? Have refurbished items had more use? If an item was returned soon after purchase, does it become “factory reconditioned” even if it needed repair? Was the repair made?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, it’s actually “Factory Reconditioned” or “Refurbished” (no factory). Here’s our definitions.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

Refurbished covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

Does this computer come with a back lite keyboard?
Thanks

Same question about whether this has a backlit keyboard please.

Can you specify which computers you’re asking about?

Also, if we don’t list it in the specs, it’s 99% likely that the backlit keyboard isn’t an available feature.