Conair Deluxe Hydro Bath Spa

yeah and then you die right?..lol

I had one similar to this. Used it a couple of times, and now it just sits under the sink. I felt a little weird having an electrical device that is plugged in submerged in water. Plus, I’m a dude, so what am I doing taking a bath anyways right?

I think I can hook this up to my boat to make a crummy water cannon…power inverter and some dryer hose

16" cord. Just long enough to fall to the wet floor where you have plugged into an extension cord from the non-ground fault protected socket in the bedroom.

Sweet.

I REALLY wanted to get one for the wife. However, How does one explain the safety aspect?

I could never put anything that’s plugged into the wall socket into the tub with me, my wife or anyone!

goodnight w00t

Yeah! I bought one! I was in dire need of one after the stressfull Woot Off! I am kinda freaked out though about having something plugged into an electrical outlet and then placing it in my tub. So I should have it in about a week or so. If no one hears from me then you know what happened! :slight_smile:

anyone find any reviews, or have one of these? Even a similar device by another manufacturer?

and if you dont’t like it you can sell it on ebayy for $5-$10

I was thinking about it, but after reading woots description I’d feel a little queer about ordering one…pun intended!

I’d like to know how many bathrooms have a plug in within 16" of the tub?

I know some people that have tried this and similar items. Their main complaint was that they just move the bath water around without the full force of a normal whirlpool and the water quickly gets cold so they aren’t very relaxing at all. Most people don’t have a place to store these in the bathroom so it isn’t worth the hassle of setting up each time. The only good thing that can be said about this item is that it wasn’t included in the recent woot off. With items like this, the latest woot off is looking better all the time.

Bring back the frog keyboard set!

No thanks woot, what are you trying to kill us with a 16 foot cord…I’m going to bed now, maybe tomorrow BOC!!

That’s what stopped me. The only outlet in my bathroom is clear across the room from the tub.

maybe if you buy 3 they give you an extension so you can plug it to your outlet.

This kind of “spa” is junk. Blowing lots of ambient air through a tubful of water will have you sitting in chilly water within ten minutes. It’d be different if it had a heating element. Not worth it.

I got one for the wife too. That way if she complains about me getting woot stuff when FedEx arrives, I can say. ‘Shut your mouth and go take a bath. And take this woot purchase with you cause I bought for you.’ Hopefully she doesn’t throw the box at me.

Looks like a really relaxing way to commit suicide. No, thanks!

16 ft would be good, this is 16 inch. Means you plug it into an extension cord on a wet floor. Very strange.

Not that I doubt the fine people at Underwriter Labs, but, yeah, i’m not sure about running a cord from the nearest outlet into the BATHTUB is exactly a great idea.

(Oh, yeah, and the phallic nature of the thing is a little strange. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes it’s a big brown… well, George Carlin could say it on HBO but perhaps here is not appropiate.)

$59.99 at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Conair-BTS2-Deluxe-Hydro/dp/B000GQVJ5I/ref=sr_11_1/104-2128193-4817564?ie=UTF8