Conair Rotary Hair Cut Cutting System

Conair Rotary Hair Cut Cutting System

1 Like

It looks like an electric lamprey from the bottom view.

4 Likes

“The high power motor features a direct drive motor for ultra-powerful cutting action.”

The motor features a motor. Got it.

11 Likes

“Use a circular action to finish.”

Yes.

7 Likes

That’s what she said.

4 Likes

The Flowbee of 2020. AKA COVID-Cutter.

8 Likes

PSA, do not try to use this “down there”.

7 Likes

Why is this

2 Likes

My 8 year old review of a previous version, that lacked a lithium battery:

There’s nothing wrong with this device, despite all the negative reviews. You just have to think ahead before you shave your head. I didn’t and I still survived the experience.

1. Not powered by a lithium battery. You must fully charge before using or you’ll end up with a bad cut and be stuck with a botched 'do (and all your friends laughing at you) for hours until you can finish.
  2. Hair, itty bitty prickly itchy bits of hair is going to get ALL over you. Pro tip: buy a barber cloak. Pro-am tip: cut 3 small slits in a (CLEAN) trash bag for your head and arms and wear it. SRSLY.
  3. You’ll still need a shower immediately after.
  4. Use the oil.
  5. The real start! Slowly but firmly drag the trimmer from the back to the front of your scalp in a straight line, doing this in rows. If your hair is longer or thicker, you want to give the clipper a shake at the end of each row, at least to start. Make sure you get the neckline carefully.
  6. Now front to back in rows. Make sure to get your bangs and your hairline carefully or you’ll have uneven spots, like a short widow’s peak and longer bangs, or vice versa.
  7. Now left to right. Make sure to get all around the ears and sideburns. I have a little Schick Quattro razor with a AAA powered beard trimmer I used to help with the most difficult areas. This clipper actually comes with a free ‘partner’ straight trimmer coupon by mail.
  8. Right to left, same as 7.
  9. Like the ears, here’s the other part where a beard trimmer (or the free mailed-to-you trimmer) comes in handy: this clipper is pants at getting the back of your neck. Most electric razors have a simple trimmer attachment. That will work fine here.
  10. The finishing touch. Kind of like you would with a rotary electric shaver, go around your entire head in tight circles, clockwise and counterclockwise over the entire area. Wax on/wax off. You’ll actually be able to hear the difference in the sounds the clipper makes when you’ve got everything cut evenly and gotten all the tricky spots in the way your hair falls on your scalp. Comb it out again.

Check the results with a mirror! Than go take a victory shower - even with all the combing there’s still tons of trimmings stuck in your hair.

The FIRST time you use it, if your hair is long, you’ll want to repeat step five 2 or 3 times, using the included comb in between to get all the trimmings trapped in your hair, then repeat 6, 7 and 8 a couple times with combings in between. If you keep yourself trimmed up once or twice a week you probably won’t have to do the steps repeatedly again after that - just the comb in between.

Even with all my screw ups, total cutting time for me was less than 30 minutes the first time, but my hair was several inches long. Doing this twice a week doesn’t even take me more than 5 minutes or so each time. And I’ve been complimented on my new spiky look several times already. I’m giving this 4 stars instead of 5 for one reason only - the lack of a lithium battery.

6 Likes

So they now have lithium ion batteries, so it bumps it up to 5?
Seems like cordless isn’t really necessary for haircutting, although it would allow you to give yourself a haircut on the way to work during a traffic light.
The anything goes hairstyles of today pretty much allows anything.
I like the bird’s nest tuft styles with the shaved sides. They’re funny.

Dont knock the Flowbee. I’ve been using it for 30 years

4 Likes

Haircut on the way to work.
Yeah. Nothing like filling your car up with hair adn going to work with remnant bits to make you itch all day.

Saved lots of money on haircuts using a Flowbee (and also Robocut) for the kids when they were little. But they hated the noise and experience in general! (Sold it on eBay for almost what I paid).

1 Like

Flowbee comments are right on. This doesn’t do anything you can’t do with some clippers and spacer guards. An over-engineered solution in search of a problem.

1 Like

This thing looks terrifying. I’m thinking about getting one just to freak out the family

2 Likes

It says that it cuts at 4 different lengths. What are the 4 lengths?

2 Likes

1, 2, 3, and 4

2 Likes

Actually, it’s 5 lengths. A 0 length with no comb used, just the clipper. Then #1(1/8") up to #4(1/2"). #1 - #3 on one comb, and #4 is the second comb provided.

Listed in the Instruction Booklet that can be downloaded here:
https://www.conair.com/c/24a35/even-cut-cordcordless-circular-haircut-kit/324

Probably get a better cut around the ears with clippers.