Concept Green Solar Generators - Your Choice

Let’s learn all about concept green

well i can’t seem to find an6 battery data like amp hours?

the price seems good compared to amazon, but the battery life sems very short. 300 cycles? I think I’ll wait till the technology improves.

but at least the technology is there.

The specs are missing a very important number. What is the the amp hour capacity of the battery?

It appears this outputs 12v DC so you could add more batteries to it once the internal is charged. If the internal has run out of usable cycles once again hooking up an external battery would solve that issue.

I’ll see what I can find out.

Let’s check out the product page for the 20W and the 40W

Just be sure to buy this BEFORE you move to Waikiki; no shipping to Hawaii

Well not a perfect answer but it states that charging from 12V takes 2.5 hours so the batter should be around 2.5 amp hour battery.

Yes, that’s a critical spec. Also, this thing comes with a “100W inverter” – which will need to draw at least 8.3 amps from a 12V supply, but the 12V lighter socket is marked at only 6A.
Pass.

Solar Generators - Earthtech Products Says 12 AH for the 20 AMP and 20 AH for the 40 Amp units

Appears that the 20w is a 12Ah battery and the 40w is a 20Ah battery. Amazing how little info is on this. Seems like a great add on for someone’s Z day survival kit.

Couldn’t find any details about max output for the car outlet, aside from the obvious 20 amp fuse.

well the battery is the same in both. The wattage is for the solar panels. It tells you what is can run…here is the one for the 40 watt.

Applications for a Solar Generator:

Support laptops, notebooks, tablets and most computers, cellular phones, small fans, AM/FM radios, DVD players, small TVs, low wattage light bulbs etc. (up to 60 Watts)

Here is the one for the 20 watt.

Applications for a Solar Generator:

Support laptops, notebooks, tablets and most computers, cellular phones, small fans, AM/FM radios, DVD players, small TVs, low wattage light bulbs etc. (up to 60 Watts)

Wait what? From this list it looks like a pretty small battery. Also the 100 watt inverter gives me a clue as well.

edit: ok so there is a 10 amp hour difference. Thank you.

im thinking once they get the idea perfected a little I could run some low voltage lighting off this.

OK, I have this peculiar habit of not buying stuff, when the IMPORTANT facts are NOT posted.

Like, the watt/hour or amp/hour specs on the storage battery. (Oh, with either one, you can derive the other, so only one is important.)

Also, the chemistry behind the storage battery is DEAD CRITICAL. 300 cycles, sorry, but that is NOT going to cut it. That’s like a year’s (well, not quite) worth.

Posting info, even bad info, inspires me much more, than just glossing over the pertinent facts.

Amazon, (Woot!) try better next time. (I miss Snapster’s Woot!)

steve

One year warranty? No thanks!

300 cycles is a JOKE for something like this.
a battery ‘cycle’ is charging up and discharging/using… if it is 9 hours to charge in sunlight, then that means you can get 1 cycle per day, and it won’t even last through the night… so with 300 cycles, it won’t even last 1 year at daily use.

Standard recharge AA batteries are usually closer to 900-1000 cycles

300 cycles makes it very likely that it’s a sealed lead acid battery. Cycles is going to be determined by battery chemistry. Battery chemistry is going to be determined by the price point the maker targets.

A cycle is usually considered a full charge to discharge, not partials. It should last more than a year given the nature of weather and use; otoh, maybe not since usually partial cycles decrease battery life.

Your AA batteries are a different chemistry entirely, and small. A large battery of those chemistries would probably cost more than the entire set alone.

Not a bad price if you are seeking portability and want something setup for you already. Anything else though, you can kludge together a setup that’ll be more cost efficient, greater wattage, greater capacity.

I TOTALLY AGREE STEVE! I WANT “ALL” THE PRODUCT DETAILS!! EVERY DETAIL!

tamara long time wooter ;•)