Cool things to buy!

COOL!
Too bad I won’t teach Elec and mag until year after this one.

U.S. Submarines’s Phoenix 1000

I’ve ordered from them twice, fast shipment and everything, but I now have tons of magnets that I don’t know what to do with. You can’t keep them all together, so they are a pain to store. Fun, but they are strong, and should be used with adult supervision. I don’t know If I could send some of the smaller ones in a 32 C envelope, but if I can I have tons you can try out. If you have any questions, I can try to answer them, but they list all sorts of specs (that I don’t understand) on the magnets.

The estimated price of the Phoenix is $78 million.
That seems like a good price if you think about it.
I wonder how much the upkeep is.

I wonder how much the actual cost would be.

i first saw their profile for it a few years ago… i was “sold” when i saw the listing for “crew quarters” on it… i wonder what you would have to charge to make it profitable as a charter vessel… of course, if i could ever afford this, i probably wouldn’t be too far from my goal for building a theme park…

I’d like a really good lathe. An 8" jointer. About 200 board feet of figured walnut. Some more really nice wide clear cherry. A shaper that works.

A DSLR- probaly Nikon.

How’s that list for you?

Doesn’t your brother have all that cool stuff? Wouldn’t it be easier just to borrow his workshop?
Because you would need the room for a nice workshop, that can be locked up so the kids can’t mess with the stuff.

I wouldn’t mind a lathe, but what I really want is a milling machine.

Well, yeah, if I wanted to drive 10-11 hours before using it every time.

I used one when I worked at the University of South Alabama. It was a really neat tool. They also had a metal lathe.

That could be a problem.

I bought this a few years ago and still love it…

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8757/calendarhi9.jpg

Poofson2 wears a 14, and usually New Balance because they run narrower, but, alas, is already married.

Yep, that is my list too, except I already have canon lenses, so a nice canon dslr. Had to leave the jointer in Stl when I moved, my shaper is crap, I have a nice planer, though. It is sitting with my other big tools in my friend’s basement waiting for me to buy a house!

how does it work

I have a Delta 12" planer, and a Delta Tablesaw, not quite as good as a cabinetmaker’s saw… Also have a Miter saw. Oh, and a welder I’ve never used. I have a failry small shop too.

can I come play? I promise to take as many fingers as I bring.

Sure. I’ve got ice and ziplocks, so you can take them with you.

You turn the top knob for the month.

The two middle knobs enable you to go back or forward through the days of the month.

The last knob allows you to change the day of the week.

It kind is like three scrolls.