Coordinates Cabernet Franc/Sauv 2+1 (3)

Coordinates Dry Creek Cabernet Franc/Sauvignon 3-Pack - $49.99

2009 Cabernet Franc, Dry Creek Valley 750ml 2-Pack
2007 Cabernet Sauvignon, Dry Creek Valley 750ml

Candy Basket Salted Caramels-Mixed
Home woot

I liked the CF.

I liked the Toothsteijnn Cab Franc quite a bit, and have been hoping it will come up today. How does this one compare?

This one is a little more “serious”…it’s less fruity than the toothy, more tannins/structure. I liked both this one and Toothy a lot, but this one is closer to what I imagine a “classic” cab franc to be. Toothy is easier to throw back, but I also think of it more (when pairing it) as a fruit-forward CA blend more than a cab franc.

My complaint with most Cab Francs I’ve tried, regardless of price point, is that so many of them have a characteristic green flavor that resembles but doesn’t quite match bell pepper.

I like bell peppers. I like red wine. I’m NOT a fan of bell pepper flavors in red wine.

I got a little hint of bell pepper from the Toothsteijnn, but it wasn’t objectionable, and the overall profile was (in my opinion) pretty great for a ~$12 wine.

You’d probably find fault with this one, as that’s a pretty common piece of the cab franc puzzle. I do know what you mean, and I’m pretty sensitive to it in other CA reds. A lot of the Caton stuff has too much green pepper for me. That said…I didn’t notice it in this one, but I also didn’t notice it at all in the Toothy.