Copa Del Rey Chilean 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon - 6 Pack
$49.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 6 Copa Del Rey Chilean 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
1/14/11

By the looks of CT reviews, this is not looking too good. Next!!

I would have to agree, that was not the most stellar review.

Wines are still settling after the last wootoff…can’t say I’m pleased to see another. :frowning: but happy wooting!

Interesting CT report. The last time this was offered there were quite a few lab rat reports (http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4308829&PageIndex=1) which seemed to say slightly different - but in the same category.

My SO actually bought one of these 6 packs last time and, from what I can remember: It had a bit subtle of a nose to it, wasn’t very spicy or fruity. I think I remember having it with cheese and enjoying the combination. Not a fruit forward wine, more subtle in taste (maybe what the CT review is calling flat). I do remember tannins - but not overpowering. Would consider it on the drier end… sorry I don’t have anything more specific to add… thats all we can remember for now, still have 2 left actually.

IMHO (think thats the right way to say that… new to this) I think it is great to bring out to parties, sip on over cheese, or do what we do a little too often - bring out another bottle when you have probably had enough for the night. Wouldn’t ever pay more than $11 for it but at $9 I consider it worth the price.

I’m probably in for one. The main thing holding me back is the fact that it’s a woot off and I would love to see a mixed case come up.

Now no more procrastinating for me and back to studying for finals…

I would have to agree this one is not that impressive. I got it last time and opened the first bottle just last week. It is a bit of a fruit bomb in my opinion… I am sorry that I still have 5 more in my cellar…

jairsoares, feel free to send them my way! Based on comments, I’m not going to let this be my first woot purchase.

Oh dear…the woot off continues. I’m not sure my cellar is ready for this, although I will pass on this one. Ready to see what is in store for us in the coming hours!

I hope we don’t close the evening out with these…

nope - evening would have closed out about an hour and 20 minutes ago if that were the case. Another day is yet to come! :slight_smile:

edit: if you meant they would be up all day tomorrow I doubt it, they always seem to sell out with such a low price

Don’t worry these will be up most of the night and then will magically :wink: sell out as the east coasters are getting up this morning.

I’m surprised by the comments. I bought these the last time and I really like it. Good wine for the price. In for another 2.