Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet (6)

Same situation as others here. I’ve bought this wine three different times, and would be buying a case today…but all of a sudden wine can’t be shipped to Ohio. What gives!!! There are plenty of wine clubs that can still ship to Ohio. I don’t get it.

I was a regular purchaser of wine.woot offerings for the last three years, now I can’t buy anything. Brilliant!

Coppa seems to have a very dedicated following of infrequent wooters.

its a cult … :slight_smile:

Cellartracker has stars? That’s new.

DITTO! First the Scott Harvey Zin then this, both purchased from GA in the past multiple times. Maybe Amazon bought it up, so shipping from them not the winery direct now? That or some other f’up deal. Or maybe these wineries decided not to cough up the license fee for GA. grr…hate to think WTSO is the only option now. And yes, I know about the stick in the mud stuff already.

I had attempted a couple times to convey this message, but they kept coming off as mean, so I quit. Well said.

Clearly!!! For those of you wondering why your state is suddenly off the list, this issue has been discussed in the comments for pretty much every single wine offering of the last several weeks, as well as some of the earlier offerings in this this wootoff.

AS for the wine itself, I will offer my standard comments. When the Copa cabernet first started being offered, I was in on it every time. I thought it was great value. As time passed, I found myself liking it less and less, to the point now where I can’t drink more than a glass of it.

I think a good point of comparison in the mass market is Mirassou and Barefoot cabernet, both of which are widely available because they are Gallo brands, targeted above their Gallo-branded wines. They consistently are sweet, with very soft and rounded mouth feel, and strong but not complex flavor profile. That’s similar to the Copa profile, and I can’t drink more than half of glass of those, either.

So if you like Mirassou or Barefoot cab, this is your chance to pick up something similar for less than $10/bottle. If that’s what you like, enjoy this offer.

I have noted that when Google returns CT links, there are often stars indicated. I ignore them since I have no idea where the ratings are coming from, and, more impoortantly, I don’t see how a simple 1- to 5-star rating system could ever be useful in assessing wine.

This wine was one of the worse I have bought off of here, way acidic and tasteless than other red wines. It makes great gifts to your unsuspecting friends!

Not necessarily true. I know that I don’t check where it can be shipped to unless I have some possible interest in buying. I check the selection most every day but it doesn’t matter if they will ship to your state if you’re not interested in the offering.

I put three in my cart and no love for GA> What up with that? This is my house wine. My friends have come to expect it.

I wonder if GA changed its laws or taxes recently, this is the 3rd wine on woot that I have come across that no longer ships to GA.

As I suggested upthread, this has been discussed almost daily for the last several weeks. It’s also the sort of thing that gets discussed in the “World of Woot Wine”.

:slight_smile:

The recent change in WW’s ship list is due to the interpretation of laws regarding 3rd party sellers. For example: Peter Wellington can still ship directly to NY, but wine.woot can’t. You can believe that wine.woot wants to sell us wine as much as we want to purchase it, but their hands are tied at the moment. Here is the link with more info:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5551637&pageindex=1&replycount=32

I would have pulled the trigger as well. But alas, GA is left out in the cold on this one. COME-ON!

What’s this stick in the mud stuff you speak of? Clearly there has to be a better way than WTSO for us GA folks!