Coppo Italian Barolo (2)

Coppo Italian Barolo 2-Pack
$99.99 $̶1̶7̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2006 Barolo DOCG Coppo
CT link above

Winery website

Not trying to be cute here, but isn’t all Barolo Italian?

I am very happy to see this juice here :slight_smile:

But I note that you haven’t purchased it :tongue:
For me, I want to know more…$50 Barolo is not a bad price but it’s hardly a steal unless I know more about the wine.

No shipping to NY … wuwt

Really short delivery list :frowning:

Where is this list you speak of? I don’t see it.

Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:

California, District Of Columbia, Florida, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Wyoming

Thank you for posting the list. But I still would like to know where you find it. I am on a mobile device. Is that the problem?

I would have volunteered to unofficially try this so there could have been a review of this. This price point begs for a review before buying.

90 points

http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-43939-2006-coppo-barolo-docg-piedmont-italy

Yes, but as a site that primarily sells west coast wines some users may not know much about international wines. So it can’t hurt.

Looks very interesting, but no delivery anywhere reasonably close… Also on the expensive side, but could be very very good - 2006 was apparently an inconsistent year in Barolo, but one in which the wines were classically styled - requiring long aging to develop into the greatness that can be Barolo. I’m sorry to miss it.

Yep, looks like we don’t have that list on our mobile app. I’ve just put in a request to get it added in the future.

FYI: international wines always have a smaller SHIP TO list.

Advance apology for rambling.

My Barolo experience:
About 25 years ago while my passion for cooking and knowledge/experience with wine were still in their infancy, I came across a recipe for Beef in Barolo in Bon Appetit magazine. It sounded fabulous. A relatively inexpensive cut of beef braised with fresh herbs, pancetta, vegetables and a lovely red wine. My parents were visiting and I wanted to impress them. Found everything I needed at Publix except the Barolo. I was not familiar with Barolo but i was sure that the wine shop on the other side of town would have it. My dad offered to go get it. When he returned with the bottle and told me it was $50 I was stunned. At that time spending $20 on a bottle of wine was a big deal for me. I could not make myself pour that bottle into the pot. I used a decent Cabernet instead and the beef was wonderful, especially with a nice glass of Barolo… On the side. Never had Barolo since. Would love to relive that memory. Will consider this today and check back for possible notes.

/rambling

I am happy to see this here because I like variety and I love Barolo! No there is not much info about this wine out there other than the producer has a long and interesting track record, my other problem is that it is an 06 which RPM mentioned and from my experience all the 06’s I have tried are no where near ready and will need time in the cellar, and as you know space is always an issue but from what I have tasted 06 has great promise IMHO. Not to mention some of the best wines I have had there are no notes or hype and some of the worst wines I have had were hyped to death :frowning:

That being said and the fact that you questioned my fortitude :wink: I will take a flyer on this one thanks Woot!

Last wooter to woot:tytiger58

And if you look at CT community pricing, this woot price is actually quite nice.

I noticed that. Only 3 users but their average cost was even higher than the list price.

Why oh why do I have to be moving in 3 weeks? :frowning: this looks wonderful.