Core Bamboo Peony Medium Cutting Boards-Set of 2

**Item: **Core Bamboo Peony Medium Cutting Boards-Set of 2
Price: $11.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $14 One-Day
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Core Bamboo Peony Medium Cutting Boards-Set of 2)

[Search Google](Core - Google Shopping Bamboo Peony Medium Cutting Boards-Set of 2)

Great price. Compare to Wayfair at $25.99

I like the wooden ones better than the plastic ones. The cut lines are way less apparent, and they are more visually appealing.

I have this board and use it almost every day. It cleans easy and looks nice on the counter when not in use.

OK reviews (3.2 out of 5.0) over at amazon

Let’s go over to corebamboo.com to learn how to care for your new board

for people in the know bamboo is generally avoided for cutting boards. Its a very slow surface to cut on. It is a “green” wood so if that is your primary concern go for it. If you seriously want a good surface to cut on you are better off with a hard wood board.

Just my two cents here, but when I bought a similar set of the same brand from Woot just a short while ago and the first time I used the middle sized one, it cracked right in half. Granted I was attempting to cut a rutabegga, but still. It was unrepairable. Just a thought if you intend to use these for watermelon or other larger foods.

Gotta say though, they do look really nice in my kitchen! And great price.

Bamboo is a grass, wood comes from trees.

I thought it was a good size board from the photo with an orange and a Chef’s knife.

Then I read the specs. 14 by 11 is pretty small.

That must be a clementine or a cutie, and a paring knife in the picture… LOL. Love photo set ups.

I have this cutting board. It is ok, but not fabulous. It has several split lines in it, and something got into it and discolored a couple of spots. I did buy the appropriate oil and treat it, didn’t put it in the dishwasher, etc. If I bought another one, I’d use it as a cheese board, but not as a ‘working’ board.

I think buying a good hard wood end grain cutting board that (with proper care) lasts a lifetime is far more green than buying a bamboo one you’ll toss out in a year or two. I have one that’s a few years old and it’s the “if all my other boards are dirty, use this one” board.

Actually, a lot of my cutting is done on a cheap but HUGE Ikea cutting board that warps like a son of a gun but hides my ugly countertop.

Bamboo is a grass not wood.

I had the exact same experience. Mine split in half. I was however able to repair it with wood glue and a sander.

Same experience as other. The last ones I got on here cracked in half.

I’m sticking with plastic. Less hassel and I throw mine in the dishwasher.

If anyone has had trouble with defective Core Bamboo boards in the past, please send an email to customerservice@corehome.com and we will be happy to help you with your problem.

Welcome back and thank you for posting!

Does anyone know how much these weigh? I’m looking for something on the heavier side …

Thanks.

Pfffft! Thanks a lot, Woot! My box came infested with ants!

Egads. Get it outside. So sorry about that. Feel free to email support@woot.com if it’s not in good shape.

Unfortunately, it’s hard to say when they could have gotten into the box. It could have been anywhere along the delivery path.