wow, price increase?

Winery claims $75 a bottle, so this is about a $60 discount

I think it was $60.00 last time

Corison 2003 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: RRichmo
Speed to first woot: 1m 16.664s
Last wooter to woot: RRichmo

Finally- Corison arrives in Tennessee and first sucka to boot. Woo Hoo!!

Corison 2003 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack
$89.99 + $7.00 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 2 Corison 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offers:
10/21/10
11/30/10

Last time I got this:
Corison Cabernet Vertical - Two Pack
$59.99 + $7.00 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
1 2002 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
1 2003 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
2/25/2010
5/25/2010
8/18/2010 :}

Is this worth $45/bottle?

Most definitely.

Do I have $45/bottle to spend?

No.

http://www.woot.com/Forums//emoticons/emotion-9.gif

Do I still have some that I bought years ago for $30/bottle?

Yep.

http://www.woot.com/Forums//emoticons/emotion-2.gif

Ruh, roh - Corison. SIWBM exceptions may be invoked.

edit: OK- I didn’t look at Woots ship-to list. Corison ships to TN- I’ve actually bought it direct from the winery. What’s up with not being listed to ship to from Woot??? * DON’T DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!!!*

Below is from the current Tennessee ABC Direct Ship directory:
Direct Shipments Date: July 06, 2011
Corporation Web-Address CITY STATE PERMIT NAME
Corison www.corison.com St. Helena CA DS-402 Corison

If you are thinking about pulling the trigger, do not wait – this will sell out fast.

Any explanation for the $30 increase? I missed the Nov offering and was hoping to see it on a Woot-off, but thought it’d be at the same price. This is just a bit out of my budget. :frowning:

Ok, Corison - I will buy some and trust to the Wine.Woot people to get it here in good shape.

I still have 3 bottles from the last offers, so an easy pass given the price increase. WBM is still safe.

Z

Agreed, if this where at the 60 dollar price point, I would have no hesitation. I may still end up buying this, but definitely need some more convincing.

Pricing is definitely going up here. Cathy’s Cabernet Sauvignon is always outstanding, and even at this price, still represent a very fine value. You will not get better Cabernet for less than $60-80 a bottle, even discounted heavily.

This is traditionally made Rutherford Cabernet of the highest quality. 2003 was generally not considered a great year because of the late hot spell that sent the sugars up for many at harvest. Cathy got her grapes in just as that hit, so she kept her Brix down. I think this wine will be something like the 1973’s - overshadowed in youth by more widely heralded years, it may have equal staying power and emerge as a very beautiful wine at maturity.

Cathy’s Cabs usually begin to be ready around 10 years of age, as they fully knit and emerge from the traditional ‘dumb’ or ‘sleeping’ period that is characteristic of the highest quality Napa Cabernet made in the traditional style.

If you can afford it, buy 3.

I had originally told myself that the only thing that would make me order in the coming weeks would be Corison…but this pretty big price increase compared to the last time this wine was offered gives me hesitation. (even though at this price it’s still a great deal)
I’ll drive to work now, and if it’s still here when I get there then I’ll try to make a decision.

rpm +1

In for 3 as this is an auto-buy

I’ve never had this before, and was hoping it would show up based on some recommendations from other wooters.

But at $100 shipped… dunno if I can justify it.