Corison 2003 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack

This wine has most likely been lovingly aged in perfect cellar conditions and is probably approaching “library” status if not “unavailable” … all, right as it’s entering it’s sweet spot drinking window.

Agreed. I think my psyche would be able to deal with this better if we saw the price increase slowly, say $5/bottle over the last 3 offers. It just hurts to see it go up $15/bottle from the last offer.

We were just spoiled getting this wine for $35/bottle previously, need to adjust our perspective.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: RRichmo
Speed to first woot: 1m 16.664s
Last wooter to woot: chukon99

Arrrrrgh. Based on what rpm said, I’m in, but I’m not very happy about it.

This is the only wine that was going to get me to break my SIWBM (Summer Imposed Wine Buying Moratorium). Now I gotta hope WW delivers it unspoiled.

+2

I agree, that is probably true. But for me personally…I’d rather get the current vintage and the old price, rather than a nicely aged ready to drink wine at this price.
But I’m somewhat of an exception, since I’m aiming to only be buying wines right now meant to age a minimum of 5 years (except for whites) since I have so much other stuff to be drinking right now.

At the moment, I’ve ordered and am not sure if I am in at all, and I’m not just unhappy, I’m extremely distraught!!! I’ve been waiting for Corison on Woot since the winery became licensed to ship to Tennessee SEVERAL MONTHS AGO!

I only have one bottle of this left but I’m lucky enough to have a few Kronos bottles from this vintage lying around… Not sure if I should go for this. Wish I hadn’t gone in on that Twisted Oak case! (Yes I do. What I should have said was I wish I had infinite money.)

almost tempted, but that HUGE price increase…

Maryland :cry:

I waited for Corison the entire Woot Off last time and was excited to see it pop up but with the 50% price bump I think I’m going to pass. I have 5 bottles of the 2003 left in the cellar so I don’t need it that bad. I would have jumped on the 2007 at a premium price but not the 03.

I had a feeling that the next time we saw Corison on here it would come with a price increase. So for me a 50% increase in price per bottle makes this a no go. A price increase due to popularity and scarcity is great for the winery and W.W. and all but I have no problem spending my hard earned money elsewhere.

The average value on CT is $36.98. I would assume that is caused largely by people buying bottles from here, but when you add the shipping here you are bit over the average.

What a bargain we were getting at $30 a bottle and I didn’t even know it. Still, I haven’t had a cab for $45 a bottle that I have like nearly as much as this 2003 Corison. I’ve had two of my 6 bottles now and am hoarding the rest for a few years. I went in for 3(6 bottles) more. More hoarding…

It’s like Netflix all over again!

Good juice but averaged cost for my many past Corison purchases has been $30 delivered. This offer is nearly a 40% increase. Ain’t gonna go there!

Don’t commit the fallacy of ignoring a great deal just because in the past there has been an amazing deal.

I hope Woot sells another computer because there is too much going on for me…got the Tour de France on my iPad, and the Brittish Open starting up, and then Woot goes and has a woot off??? Too much to choose from! Especially when they are offering such a perfect bottle of wine. Urrrggghhhh. My wallet and my work are going to suffer today!

I hate to be the party-pooper here, but I bought this back in November due to the rave reviews for Corison and I was completely underwhelmed as well as disappointed.

It started off lightly tannic and oakey and then became very jammy near the end. The tannins caused very mild indigestion with a slight headache the next morning. In addition, the jamminess (is this a word?) became pretty overpowering at the end, so much so that I was hesitant to put the glass to my mouth. (but finish the bottle I did!)

I planned to drink the second bottle tomorrow night to clear space in the cellar as well as give it another shot, but in the end, I’m not impressed at all and cannot recommend this to anyone.

If people are on the fence for this one, hold off and buy an individual bottle somewhere else as a sample before spending more on a discounted 2-pack.

Same here. Hoping to finally participate in a wine woot off. Something that will go with a pile of steamed MD crabs would be nice.

i visited the winery this past spring and tried a few vintages that were historically supposed to not be good, yet Corison manages to pull it off. so i have not much reservation picking these up, even if they arent as cheap as they once were