Corison Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (2)

This is the kind of offer I was expecting for the final week. That said I think I’m priced out for this one. :frowning:

Pricey, but then Cathy’s wines (all tremendously good and some of the best in California) on woot in the past were also severely underpriced relative to the cult cabs that Napa was making back then. It’s good to see her and her wines get the recognition that they’ve deserved.

And Corison wines are still something of a value in comparison to the obscene prices - which led a few wooters to coin the term ‘Veblen Wine’ - that have been attached to the many other giant Napa cabs.

While I normally don’t spend $90 a bottle, I’m still in for one for old time’s sake. These are going to be laid down for 8+ years and are likely to outlive other wines I’ve purchased from woot. When I open them, I’ll think fondly back on these days. Cheers and Merry Christmas to all; we’ll all miss wine.woot come the new year.

A really good buy and yet another wonderful offering to take Wine.Woot into the sunset.

Bought the 2003 back in 2010 here for $32 a bottle. What a steal.

Hurts the wallet, but maybe the Discover 5% CB will help ease the pain.

Merry Christmas, and thank you Cathy for this present to Wine.Wooters.

In for 2.

I’ve been waiting for this – but the price is a shocker. My Woot history shows my first and only Corrison Woot, nearly 10 years ago: a 2003 two-pack for $60. I think there’s still one left, though stored in less than optimal conditions. Will think about this for a bit…

So must I? I have a few recent vintage regular cabs, no '14, but have never even had a Corison drop.

Not much alcohol clouding MY vision this morn (tomorrow might be another story) so I can clearly see that buy button…hmmm…

Now, THIS IS CHRISTMAS!

Cathy has gained so much recognition for the amazing winemaker she is in the decade since wine.wooters first learned of her, that she could easily command twice what she charges for her wines.

This is not a wine to drink today or tomorrow (or for several years), but this is one you want to have in your cellar and your life.

rpm AUTOBUY TO THE MAX (3X)

Buy all you can afford, and then buy some more.

Hey, WD! How come I didn’t get to 'rat this? :frowning:

Cathy: If you read the thread today, a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!! And a huge THANK YOU for this (probably final) offer… unless you’ve got a bit of Kronos tucked away for us for New Year…?

Seriously. If only I’d gone deep on all the offers in 2008-2012.

It seemed one or two of the reviews on CT implied that it was young, and I’m fine with setting it aside for a bit. Any suggestions on when to drink?

You thought you could not afford them then just as you do now. Everything good in life requires a little pain now to end up happy in the future :slight_smile:

The 2000 is drinking where I like cabs right now, so I personally would wait at least 7 years longer, and 10 more ideally, but I like a more mature cab. They are good young, but incredible as they mature and settle down a little, but with all things in life, YMMV.

I am so very sad that wine woot is going away. I am an Amazon Prime member, but I disagree with this decision more than you know.

If the Kronos comes up it will be a painful day for the credit cards…

(And that slim hope was all that prevented this Wooter from maxing out on today’s offer!)

Worse than that - I didn’t know it was worth it! Clearly ridiculous in retrospect.

Doubtful - Cathy’s voicemail said it was a last hurrah on woot. I guess it could be misdirection…?

2022+++

Trying hard to resist this - but reading all the comments I am caving… As someone who worked for Amazon for a long-time (I quit last year as my mid-life crisis and am now an unemployed college student) and has a love/hate relationship with them I’m showing my support for wine.woot by stocking up and spending my dollars here… It’s just money, right? And I’ve never had a $100 bottle of wine or one ranked consistently over 90 points. And I’ll go back to work in few years… Right?? Finding many ways to justify/rationalize…

Suck you in knowing you’ll stock up on this and then not be able to resist the Kronos if it’s offered??
‘Resistance is futile’…

Just wouldn’t be Christmas without this awesome display!