1 2000 Kronos Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2006 Kronos Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
CT links above

Winery website

Corison on Twitter
Corison on Facebook
Corison on Yelp

The Holy Grail comes to Woot!

I’ll say. OMG. I think I have no choice but to be in for one. 2000 & 2006 165 is a bargain.

If ordering direct…
2000 Kronos listed @ $125
2006 Kronos listed @ $98
Shipping $15
total $238

$68 savings @ Wine.Woot

If you haven’t tried Corison Kronos Cab, you are in for a real treat. Yes, it’s worth every penny.

“I fart in your general direction.”

I should know better than to check this before going to bed.

Wow, have to get more info on these. Look excellent! Wootalicious!

Can’t believe I’m actually considering this…love Corison cab’s- never had the Kronos…

Hurry up and sell out.

Kronos just takes everything you like in a Corison Cab up to the next level. Your tastebuds won’t regret it one bit.

It’s so beautiful. But would put a ridiculous dent in my skiboots.

Hmmm… though it was 7 years ago, according to a professional taster via Cellar Tracker:

Not so sure I feel good about dropping this much cash on a sub-90 point wine.

Edit: Same with the 2006 bottle… only garnered high 80’s/low 90’s scores. I have bottles in my cellar currently that are 1/3 the price and rated as high, if not higher than these.

Wow. This is way too rich for my blood, but I’ll tell you what I thought of the 2002 regular cabernet, as someone who is rather inexperienced, and has enjoyed Cali-style fruit forward Cabernet.

“This is much different from the Cabernet that I have enjoyed and found at lower price points. Much less fruit, but it is there. it also did not open up as much, nor as quickly, as more fruit forward wines might. Clearly different, and if you want a (poor) imitation of it, with much more ripe fruit, buy a Louis Martini.”

That was about the 2002 Cathy Corison Cabernet, from Napa. It was not the Kronos, nor was it of the vintage that this wine is. If I had the money, I would be in for this. If I had more than that, I’d be in for the max.

Had the 06’ in the tasting room on Sunday morning and it found it showing well despite its youth. It had been opened the day before in all fairness. If you liked the Corison napa cab. than this is a step up from that. A well made cab. that is made to age for 20+ years is not typically as smooth as this was in its first year of release. But to open it now would be as RPM says “Infanticide”

I will have to see if I can dig out some more specific notes.

On it like white on rice!

Thank you!!

Here is a nice article about Corison from 2006.

Oh my god!

Kronos was the first $125 wine I tasted that made me fully understand what $125 should buy. Like the tease says, drink the 2000 now and let the 2006 lay for a year or more. you won’t regret it.

Yes…my thoughts exactly. Seriously considering this. Cathy makes wonderful stuff and this is a good price for it. Decisions decisions…

Um… drink the 2000 in 10 years and the 2006 in 15 is more like it. :wink:

Hmmmmm, think this is about 35% off winery prices w/o shipping. I usually don’t think too hard when it comes to Corison, but a lot of things happening later this week for us. Also, these don’t seem to be the better years for Kronos. Hmmmmm… 50% would have gotten rid of the Hmmmmm quickly…may have to count the change jar. Has anyone out there tasted these??