Corison Winery Kronos Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack

This has broken the bank! But, fellow winos, the opportunity to purchase a top-of-‘grand cru’-class, traditionally-styled Napa Valley Rutherford Bench Cabernet Sauvignon at the age of ten for less than the price of the current releases of most first class Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is an opportunity not to be missed.

The general ‘problem’ with 2000 as a vintage was high yields - it was one of the largest harvests on record. I don’t recall any bad 2000 wines, but the haven’t generally been the ones you go crazy for. Cathy got about 1 ton per acre out of the Kronos vineyard that year - this is not what we call ‘high yield’ and still makes for good concentration of fruit flavors at lower sugars at harvest.

As I’ve mentioned before, back before Prohibition, it was the plan and practice of the then-dominant California Wine Association to sell its premium Cabernet (yes, there was Cabernet in California then…) at the age of no less than ten. This did not survive the Scylla of the 1906 Earthquake in San Francisco (where much of the wine was aged) and the Charybdis of Prohibition.

I cannot recommend the offer highly enough. For the patient, you can certainly age the 2000 another 5 years or so, but it should be opening up well and with a little decanting, quite drinkable for Christmas dinner.

The 2006, of course, is an infant that will repay at least 5-10 years cellaring. Most 2006 Napa Cabs have turned out well - this may be one of those vintages overshadowed by the fine 2005s and 2007s around it.

I tried the Kronos during a recent trip to Cathy’s winery and was blown away. As good a cab as you’ll ever try. I know it is pricey…even with the Woot discount. But you will not be disappointed!

Rob

Cathy you are certainly going to be torturing me this morning as I think on this. I absolutely can’t really afford any more wine, but it is hard to resist yours. If this pack included the 2002 Kronos I would be in on it in a second, since that is the only one from missing from my 1999 through 2006 Vertical. I may (note the stress on may) have to pass on this one simply due to funds, but we’ll see.

I think my wife might kill me.

I also don’t need any more wines to age.

Need to get the new kitten declawed…$300

Just shelled out $1700 for wifes college tuition.

I’m going to have to pass.

It’s not that a good wine shouldn’t cost a pretty penny it’s the question of Dealing with Woot. I have been very disappointed with their customer service and shipping. It should not take more than 8 weeks to receive your order. I would ask that question first before I spend $165.00 for Wine with shipping on top of that. Deal with someone local to discuss wine and cost. I have learned an important lesson here with online ordering. Pay for the convenience of purchasing local.

Done; these should be saved for special [celebratory] occasions.

Man, I love this note. I can relate.

edit: removed troll feed.

I hesitated on Atlas Peak, not going to happen this time, in for 3.

Last Wooter To Woot:
hogfatt

Save your money on the declaw…it hurts the kitty. :frowning:

Then use the saved money to buy more wine.

Particle board + cheap carpet + staple gun = $25 leaving you plenty to spend on wine!

Sparky, you know better. This is not a wine with which to paint. It’s for drinking. Eventually.

I just shared a bottle of the 2003 Corison Cab from a woot back in May with a good friend of mine. That was fabulous! LOVED IT.

In for three :slight_smile:

Based on my experience with wine.woot, the situation you describe is clearly an aberration. After over 150 orders, I have yet to be disappointed. Purchasing local is arguably more convenient, but the quality of the advice one tends to get is generally spotty at best, most often based on what the store wants to move, offered by someone who has no idea what really good wine is. Nevertheless, I do try to keep my local businesses in business, but the vast majority of what I get from w.w is not available locally (in Buffalo, NY) at any price.

Good friends, there’s simply no questioning the quality of this writer’s advice, but be sure to read every word, lest you overlook a gem of surpassing charm such as this.

I concur. This is my number one complaint with this site. I have about a dozen bottles from this site that I’m “aging” and I need something for the holidays. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us, I need something that will drink now.

Something must have short circuited somewhere for you because my experience has been quite the opposite…GREAT & TIMELY Customer Service and problems solved quickly (problems on my side for not ordering enough)…not to mention the great wines and prices!! No bones here, more wines for us winos!

I couldn’t hold out any longer. It will fit well around the 2004. Wanted to press for two, but didn’t want to die early. Now the question is to drink the 2000 with Christmas dinner with the family winos or hold back until after dinner while the turkey is being processed. RPM any suggestions.

The 2000 in this offer will drink now (or after you’ve let it settle for a couple of weeks after delivery).
The Atlas will drink now-ish, as I didn’t see the 05 as being in a dumb phase.
Yesterday’s meritage / claret also drinking nicely now…

You are kidding about calling Gary V an expert, right? The same guy who keeps promising awesome deals on Cindy and never delivers? The same guy who pushes wines on video that end up tasting just ok? Great joke. You made my day!

I recently ordered Costa del Sol, Lonen, and Ty. All were very tasty and ready to drink now and between $12-$20, if that is your price range. :slight_smile: