Corkcicle Decapitator and Chillsner

I actually have the corkcicles, and can attest that they are handy for keeping your beer cold on the deck during those humid midwestern summer days.

Me too - mine was free at a trade show - but I think I will write Decapitator on the side with a sharpie because the name is the only thing this one has that mine doesn’t.

Wait, so that whole black can is just a bottle opener? What a waste of space and plastic.

They look like buttplugs for your beer.

The Decapitator looks pretty stupid, but MIGHT offer the following advantages:

-If you’re bottle-opener challenged and can’t figure out how to use a lighter/picnic table/porch step/etc. This may or may not include somebody with bad arthritis that finds the motion to open a beer painful (since it appears to be a button you press).

-It appears that the Decapitator doesn’t mangle the bottle cap. If you’re saving them up to make some bitching bottle cap art, this might be a plus.

The Chillsner, on the other hand, is pretty great. The biggest advantage to it is that it helps keep beer cold whilst sitting outside in the summer (it’s more effective than a beer koozie, although requires a little prep). If you’re a slow drinker (for whatever reason), this can be the difference between enjoying the second half of your beer and… not.

The obvious downsides are that it takes time to freeze, is only good for one beer (unless you drink them quickly, in which case… why bother with the Chillsner in the first place?), and only fits long necks (so if your beer of choice comes in a stubby, it won’t fit).

Another downside that I personally encountered (on an admittedly fizzy beer) was that it caused the beer to foam a LOT. By the time I could get the Chillsner in, I had “made room” by drinking half the beer already. That was, however, specific to that beer.

Bottom Line: It’s a niche market, but I can see the products having a place. Not unlike whiskey stones, when you think about it.

Yea, that’s some scary wording they stuck up, doncha think? Cuz a bottle opener and a pair of steel butt, er, bottle plugs have so many movable parts subject to wear-and-tear.

Self pleasuring toys?

I’d take a Cap•A•Cooz, which has the convenience of both of these products, but in a common-use fashion.

Who the he!! is going to carry that can-sized bottle opener for bottles?! And who closes their beer after opening it (ignoring a growler)?

learn how to snap the cap off with the inside edge of your ring. Way more impressive with both the ladies and your bros, and its always with you.
Can’t drink the forst warm while you have the next in a ice bath? What a wuss!

One of the bartenders at the local tavern here bought a Decapitator (or something similar) and she said she loves it. I think she has something in her wrist that hurts to open beers with a normal bottle opener though. It’s good for people with arthritis I guess, but until that day I’m just going to keep my cheap-o bottle opener.

I got a Decapitator for Christmas. It does a great job of removing the cap without damaging it. You just put the bottle on something stable like a counter, then put the Decapitator on top, push down (doesn’t require much force) and the cap pops off. It doesn’t pry it off and so it doesn’t dent it, which if you’re collecting them for something is handy.

HOWEVER, mine broke within only a few uses (at a NYE party in fact). I was pretty disappointed. I need to see if they’ll replace my broken one. They’re cool, kinda clever, but ultimately overpriced.

Great…one more thing to worry about in the ER… though it might be good post hemorrhoidectomy…