Coros OMNI Smart Cycling Helmet

Coros OMNI Smart Cycling Helmet

Found on Amazon that although it says it has 2 way communication (walkie talkies feature for helments), this feature actually does not work with this helmet and was scrapped by Coros on this version. A shame for those who ride with someone else and want an easy way to communicate but can’t necessarily ride next to each other.

“You can’t pay too much for safety!”

Apparently you can.

1 Like

I paid 250 for my helmet. Third one I’ve had. Would have been gorked if I hadn’t had a good helmet. Cycling public unleashed some serious backlash on Coros for this helmet. Music/earbuds/distraction from the road are a no no for cycling

1 Like

Does it have a european ce en 1078 sticker/pass the en 1078 standard?

For around $20 you can get a “good” helmet - that is, one tested to the relevant safety standards. Hell, for $100 you can get a SNELL rated helmet. If you felt the $250 was a good fit for you, that’s great. But it didn’t necessarily afford you any extra safety.

Bone conduction helps mitigate that concern. I ride with Trekz Titanium, and now can’t image riding as long as I do (~ 3 hours) without them. Not only for the entertainment (audio books), but to take after-hours work calls if there is an emergency. Sure if you listen to loud music it will impair your ability to hear, so bike responsibly.

Yes it does: