COROS Omni Smart Cycling Helmet

COROS Omni Smart Cycling Helmet

I bought one of these last time they were for sale on here. It fits well and it pairs pretty easily with my iPhone. But there is one issue Coros should have tested for when developing it: wind noise. The little speakers that output the sound are not aerodynamic. That means once you cycle faster than 15MPH, they generate a lot of noise, which drowns out the sound. So it’s nice that you have a nice new helmet with a built-in blinking light, but if you’re looking for audio while you ride, AirPods are a better choice if you have the funds.

I bought one of the Omnis here on Woot on one of the last sales, and I am a big fan. Speakers take some adjustment to get audio loud enough, but work much better than Trekz Titanium + a traditional helmet. I had lots of garbled audio issues with Trekz and Galaxy S8, but no garbles with the Omni and S8. I unexpectedly love the remote that attaches to your handlbar - it looks pretty cool on my black carbon Specialized - not like a silly gadget, but a handy control that keeps you from having to pull out your phone. Only real complaint is the audio levels ought to go a little louder - but I know that is controversial and the levels work fine for me as-is. (I mostly use for audio books.)