Corsair Force 120GB SSD

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Corsair Force 120GB SSD
$68.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Seriously??? Refurbed?

Be aware its a refurb, and these things only have so many read write cycles

How does one refurbish an SSD?

Given that the parent Amazon is selling a new SanDisk 120 GB for $80 with free shipping http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006EKJCWM/ref=s9_pop_gw_g147_ir05/177-4630336-8281003?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0RP867WXD0TBGXPK1S9C&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1263340922&pf_rd_i=507846 an older refurb is a questionable value.

The read/write cycles stuff people throw around was only relevant in the first-gen drives.

This will last 5+ years.

sata II not sata iii

Bought one of these a few weeks ago. It’s quick but there’s been firmware issues with the refurb models, since they use a different controller than the standard F120’s. Personally I’ve had issues of stuttering freezing and would recommend staying away since Corsair hasn’t released a fix yet.

For $10 more you can get a brand new Sandisk Extreme 120gb SSD via Amazon Gold Box Deal

On a few tech sites, there are been new 120’s for this price in the last month (egg and tiger both)

if anyone wants to buy this for me please let me know!

SSD’s can’t be “refurbished”?? they’re solid state devices and as such, are subject to the hard facts of the universe: each memory location on the device can only read & write so many times.
http://www.storagesearch.com/ssdmyths-endurance.html

ppl need to quit being a refurb “snob”… I got it when they had for a dollar more, it works fine. My only issue is that I wish I had bought one of the bigger ones when they were on sale, that is all.

You can get a new one for cheaper with rebate.

I’ve had a refurbished ssd for a couple months now with no problems. If you know how to take care of them and use them for primary applications (don’t continually add and remove stuff) you’ll be fine. I have 120gb ssd 120gb platter and 1&2 tb externals. I love how cheap storage is now.

Will it get hot enough to fry bacon on? If not then it won’t do me any good.

Ugh… is that all…

The Good: Refurbished >> Implies Corsair MAY have updated the firmware.

The VERY BAD: 30 Day warranty.

These hdd’s support trim which will help maintain speedy speeds over the life of the drive.

It’s not the latest generation with sata 3, but even that does not matter as sata 2 (384 MB/s) can transfer data faster than these drives (275 MB/S)

Buy two, put them in a RAID 0 array and boot your windows 7 pc in under 10 seconds.