Corsair Force 120GB SSD

Thanks for the post!

Avoid the BLACK OCZ; Buy The GREEN Agility 3

Unfortunately for most controllers, TRIM is not supported while running Raid 0 - yet. Also, the most recent firmware for these specific drive (5.02) breaks Trim functionality. Beware

5.02 Firmware Breaks Trim
Trim Raid 0

If you were to write continually to it, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, it would last well over 10 years.

As of recently, this is no longer the case. The new Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver includes RAID-0 TRIM.

There’s some bacon products over on Wine Woot right now… And they are very yummy.

WHERE IS ALL THE BACON WE WERE PROMISED!

As long as you have TRIM enabled, no need to worry about R/W cycles. Most SSDs made in the past few years have a mean time before failure of about 2 million hours. I don’t think any of us will be around for that long anyways.

As far as the speed of the drive is concerned, it’s a tad slow as far as SSDs are concerned but still about 6-7 times faster than a 5200RPM drive, which reads at ~40 and writes at ~35.

30 day warranty? That’s more like a gamble than a warranty. Their confidence level must be very low with these. The “new” warranty on this item is 3 years according to the Corsair web site. This warranty is only about 3% of the original, but the price is a more like 48% of new. That’s just not right…

Gotta wander around a little! :slight_smile: It’s good for you! (Wandering that is, probably not the bacon.)

Check out Wine.Woot, they have a bacon spread on there right now.

This is for only 7-series motherboards however and the driver is still in alpha.

Edit: Didn’t read, this driver is out but only for 7-series Intel chipsets.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=hVpkNOvHEeGE5v6O_rB4ogCoc5_0_GFJ_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16820227807

Newegg has a new one for the same price but after $20 rebate. Brand new and SATA III.

Not much bacon but plenty of apple spam.

Go to wine.woot.com and buy it all up, PLEASE… Just avoid looking at the main wine.woot photo, trust me!

This. People need to quit being so dramatic about these limited read/write cycles. You should be backing up, upgrading/replacing their storage options much more often than that.

that entirely depends on the type and quality of the chips in it. example: the only difference between the hyperx 3k and 5k is that the 5k uses the 10 year chips, and the 3k uses the 5 year chips. that is why there is a price premium over the 3k for the 5. They made the 3k for enthusiasts that probably would change their drives anyways.

Even so though, if someone is running RAID 0 on SSDs, my best guess is that person isn’t the typical user running the same OS for five straight years without a wipe.

I would suggest serving the bacon stuff up on wine.woot with some neweggs.

while we wait for this non-bacon woot, let’s play duck, duck, bacon in the meantime.

bacon?..bacon?..bacon?..BACON!!!