Cosentino Winery 2006 The Cab - 6 Pack

Yes, it looks like there was a Napa Valley The Cab in 2006 as well as a California The Cab. That makes this Napa Valley one potentially a much better deal than previously suspected.

Agreed, I couldn’t resist, might be a heck of a deal!

If you guys think about it, post back after you try yours what you thought about it.

Although, on the other hand, Woot lists the appellation as “California” so maybe the labels are wrong and this really is just the California The Cab?

WD or any Woot folks able to chime in on this?

Hmm…I hope it’s the Napa stuff, that’s what the label indicates, and that’s what prompted me to go in on this…on the other hand, the reviews are for the most part excellent for the California cab.

It may be a win-win either way?

BTW I’d LOVE to see some of the Cosentino Winery CigarZin show up here!!!

Maybe woot bought out all the remaining inventory from Cosentino if they closed their doors?

FYI, I emailed WineDavid and linked him to your question.

Checking.

This is one I’m glad I missed. I’ve never had a Cosentino wine I’ve liked.

This is the only post I need!

Sorry I missed this one…boooo

Any word on this?

No update eh?

I’m assuming we are getting the Napa Valley cab, as that’s what the photo shows and I believe woot takes their own photos??

At any rate, this has to be a far better deal than the Copa Del Rey Chilean 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon 6 Pack for the same price.

Any update on the ship date for this one?

I was wondering the same thing, it’s been over 2 weeks now…

Plus I just saw that I was responsible for the sell out. Cool! Now if I could just get my hands on the wine to taste it… =)

Edit: Looks like at least one of the other Cosentino offerings from that day hasn’t shipped yet either…

From what I can tell, none of the Cosentino wines have shipped yet.

I received my other wine.woot off order Tuesday, hopefully Cosentino isn’t putting the screws to us ?

These things take a long time during summer shipping. I’m finally getting my Harvest Moon mixed case tomorrow, so that should keep me occupied for a while as I wait for this one.

I’m just still curious about which version of The Cab we are actually getting.

Ok, the wine just arrived out of nowhere today. No shipping notification or anything like that. Nothing on the Woot order page either. I’m just glad it’s here. Looks like it was shipped UPS via Golden State Overnight.

And I can confirm that it’s the ‘California’ version of The Cab.

Mine also GSO, normally fed ex I usually get the delivery notice a couple of days after the delivery, maybe woot is looking for a more reliable shipper?

Ah, thanks. Mine still hasn’t arrived. If anyone cracks open a bottle this weekend, please post your thoughts.

Anyone cracked a bottle open yet? Tasting thoughts?

Just noticed mine is on its way…UPS, shipped on June 30th and set to arrive on July 8. I’m sure hoping its not going to be cooked!