Costa Del Sol - 5 Pack

The ship-to states are determined by each winery on Woot. A winery has to get a different license (different forms, different fees, etc) for each state it wants to ship to.

For everyone that has previously purchased this wine, is this a wine that is best with food, or is it better on its own? What foods did/would you pair it with?

echo, echo, echo

Other than the woot cellars that was mostly barbera, this is my favorite $11-$13 bottle offered in the 6-12 months I’ve been on here (and bought way too much wine).

Opened a bottle last night to have with a nice rotisserie chicken and some snazzy potato salad from Whole Foods. This is one of the better “weeknight wines” I’ve found. Delicious with dinner…and perfectly fine to have that second glass in lieu of dessert.

Now that I have more on the way…I won’t feel bad peeling through the three in my wine rack. Mmmm!

Same here in Missouri, but if I go to My Account it shows up there.

This was a really fantastic purchase which I picked up during the last Woot! off. Very excited it was up as I happen to be checking it. No doubt in for 2 this time.

Wish I could offer up more details for those on the fence other than that every great thing people say about this wine is true.

It’s great to drink alone but I’ve also enjoyed it with some Barely Buzzed cheese. It also went well with steak but I think everything goes great with steak so I guess that should be taken with a grain of salt.

I guess someone should post this:

Costa Del Sol Napa Valley Red Wine - 5 Pack
$58.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 5 2005 Costa del Sol Napa Valley Red Wine
CT link anove

Winery website

Yelp

Previous Offer

Previously, the Ghost would have cleaned this up for you. Here you go:

November comments.

Use the handy formatting guide to make your links clickable and neat (but replace {braces} with [brackets]:

{url=http://whatever.com}Text{/url}

Can anyone speak to its cellaring potential? Is it ready to drink now and would it benefit from some additional time in the cellar?

I used to live in Ohio and read the states rules for shipping alcohol into the state. There a part of the law has to do with the size of the winery and how many bottles they ship per year. If we understood it correctly, only certain size winerys, shipping above a certain threshhold per year were permitted to ship to Ohio.

There really wasn’t any particular rhyme or reason to the law. It seemed rather arbitrary. When we lived there, we signed every petition available to get the law changed.

Now we’re in Florida and we are always on the ship to list. Yippee!!

If the Woot! Gods of Wine are reading…PLEASE PUT SOME GOOD REISLING UP FOR ME TO BUY! This is me…begging…PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

As others have said this is a great everyday wine. I have paired it with steak and salmon and found that it went well with both. Bought two during the December offering, was getting low on this one, so I’m in for two again. I noticed that the price is up $4 from December when it was $54.99.

I’m losing my wine.woot virginity for this one. All the good reviews convinced me. I don’t drink wine, so I hope my better half enjoys this. I might even give it a try.

but i feel (from the previous review), this is the kind of good daily drinker that you can find in TJ’s for 10 bucks (like Casillero del Diablo )

i thought about it, and decided to pass…

Bought into this last time it was up in november 2010. When I first received it, I did NOT like it. SO, I put it down in the basement in the box it came in. Then at xmas, the wine supply was running out so we popped this open and wow what a difference! It actually was decent! Maybe letting it sit a while helped…so I guess what I am saying is now that it is just that much later…might not be a bad buy.

this will be one of the wines served at my wedding in october. opened one up in december-ish with some spaghetti and was very impressed. great QPR ratio. nothing objectionable. i’m hoping there are plenty of leftovers that i can drink following the wedding.

I had to let mine settle down for a few weeks after receiving them. I opened one bottle after receiving it and had a similar experience to yours. A few weeks later and they were much better.

This is a GREAT bottle of wine! Count me in! now I need to find space…

I love this wine! It lasts for about 4 days out of the fridge and open. The first day is very fruit forward and the wine does really well through an aerator. The second day is great, a lot more oaky and complex. An autobuy for me!

i bought this a while back.
overall it’s good. but i wasn’t as rich in the mouth as the description sounds