Costa Del Sol Napa Valley Red Wine - 5 Pack
$58.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 5 2005 Costa del Sol Napa Valley Red Wine
CT link anove

Winery website

Yelp

Oak treatment on this, por favor?

I’m intrigued. Rats: I need you to come through for me. Style (big, bomby, elegant, etc.)? Convince me (like I need it :wink:).

Thanks to everyone for considering our delicious Napa Valley blend!

Interesting blend. As daily drinkers, Sangio/Merlot blends can’t really be beat - enough acidity to cut through just about any food, but enough character to stay interesting after dinner’s over (explains my affinity for Italians…).

I’m interested to know (if the winery rep has this knowledge, of course) when in that harvest range each varietal was harvested. September Sangio and late-October Zinfandel would lead to a very different wine than September Zin and October Sangio.

Er… the Costa del Sol in Spain is known for its cheap package holidays for football hooligan Brits, fish and chips, ex pat pubs serving Scottish lager, and concrete hotels.

Please tell me this wine is at least a notch above that!

Marbella, Torremolinos and the other unfortunate towns there ceased to be Spanish many years Shi.

Go get them soul man!

Winedrew

O’ you guys sold me. I’m in for 5!!!

Ha Good one!

Nothing Spanish about this one! Sunny California Coast was the inspiration for this Italian style blend.

So basically Miami? :tongue:

Nice! Have it with your turkey in a few weeks!

2005 was an interesting harvest year:spring rains, cool summer pushed the harvest for all of the varieties into mid october, Hey very much like this year!!

I don’t see this on your website is this a Woot special?

Oak regime was 22 months in a combination of new and used (1 yr, 2yr,3yr) french and American barique (60 gallon barrels). Then 18 months bottle age befor original release.

Love Benessere! Was just there in July. They have a nice spot all the way up the valley at the top of St. Helena, almost to Calistoga. I like the Phenomenon, Old Vine Zin, and Muscat. The Pinot Grigio is solid depending on vintage and the Sangiovese is good. I don’t ever remember seeing this wine in the tasting room though.

A special just for Wooters…man, they cut a hard bargain! ENJOY!

Thanks Cesare, you are right. This one does not get poured with the “current release” line up. Come back soon!

OK, this is a food friendly wine. Need some inspiration?

This dish matches the food friendly, bright acid note of the of the Sangiovese
varietal, and echoes its Mediterranean heritage.

Here you go:

Angel Hair with Clams, Chorizo, Saffron, Orange, Tomato, and Cilantro

3 TBS EVOO
8 Oz. Bulk Chorizo, or if links, case removed
2 LG Garlic Cloves, Peeled and Thinly Sliced
1 LB Clams, preferably Manila, well scrubbed
1 C Low Sodium Chicken Broth
? C Fresh OJ
1 Medium Bay Leaf
1 LG Pinch, of Saffron threads
Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Lb. Angel Hair Pasta
3 Oranges, peeled, and cut into segments
1 Lg. Beefsteak Tomato or 4 plum tomatoes, peeled and seeded, and chopped
2 Tbs. Whole Cilantro leaves

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.

Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the clams, chicken broth, orange juice, bay leaf, and saffron. Cover and cook until the clams open, 7-8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente, about 2 minutes less than what the package advises. Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Pour the clam mixture into the pot, place over low heat, and toss the pasta with the sauce for 1 minute to allow it to marry and absorb. Add the orange segments and chopped tomato, toss, cook for another minute. The pasta should still be firm to the bite.

Transfer the complete dish to a warm platter. Remove and discard the bay
leaf, and any unopened clams. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately.

fwiw … I’ve enjoyed the 04 vintage of this wine … great QPR and a very tempting price point tonight.

Is this something I should put aside for a year or so, as most w00t wines, or is this something to drink a week after arrival? I seem to have a disproportionate amount of wine that still needs to sit quietly in a closet for a while.