Countertop Multi-Tiered Food Dehydrator

I bought one of these the last time around and I enjoy it. Have made a freaking ton of fruit chips and played with different types of apples.

Def not a bad purchase, but bewarned it basically IS nothing more than a hairdryer with plastic spaced racks. There are other ways to dehydrate food.

This product is just a simple method to get a decent amount done all at once (and something your children can technically even do with light super vision). Cheers!

I don’t have any kids, but if any child of mine started using “light super vision” to dehydrate fruit, I’d have to wonder which Marvel Comic character my wife had been sleeping with, if I was married.

;^D

Can you use this to make jerky?

The product page has a link to the manual that includes info on making Jerky.

The one I got from woot last year was defective. Was able to return and get a refund from woot. Mine wouldn’t dry anything even after days of keeping it on.

how loud is this? could i run it overnight? I have a small apartment and don’t want some noisy thing keeping me up… but am intrigued by this.

Here’s the answers on Amazon.

You sure can. I have a different brand, but it appears to be identical. Jerky is easy to make. I’ve made it with a few different types of meats. Most recently, I used London broil and it came out great. The grates are easily cleaned in the dishwasher, should you get them extry dirty with sticky, sugary, soy saucy marinades. These are pretty quiet. You can hear them, but they aren’t very loud. I let it run and am not distracted. It’s about as loud as a fan on low speed. You could probably have it running in your bedroom and it wouldn’t keep you awake.

I’ve had my dehydrator for a few days now and so far I’m in love! Could it be fancier? Sure. Do I need it to be fancy? Nope. My whole family has enjoyed sampling the bananas, apples and strawberries. I’m still experimenting with sweet potatoes. Today I’m attempting maple bacon jerky per my sons request. I think this will take a long time but I’ll let ya know how it turns out.

My only concern is trying to make fruit leather. I can find fruit sheets for other products, but not specifically for this one. Has anyone else attempted this? It says not to use wax paper, but what about parchment paper?

All in all, it’s a great product to get you started on the road to dehydration, lol. Enjoy!