CPAP Pillow

Yep, add me to the pile. I also thought, “a pillow of crap?” until I took a second look!
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hey, Thunder Thighs, how about it? A PoC instead of a BoC, just for homewoot!?

Seriously??? We can’t even write B o C anymore without being censored?

Picked this up when it was last on Woot. The foam on this thing smells like a mofo, I ended up throwing it into a closet for at least 2-3 weeks until the smell went down enough that I was comfortable using it. It’s got a nice loop for the CPAP hose, but if you try to put a pillowcase around the pillow, that loop becomes functionally useless. Not sure if I’d buy it again.

Hi, I purchased this pillow and even though it is comfortable, it has such a bad smell that I can’t use it. All attempts of cleaning have failed. I have many purchases from woot and this is the only time I’ve been unhappy. I do NOT recommend this product.

You normally sleep 8 hours per day.
And if you don’t then that’s just the way.
But now a CPAP pillow’s released.
It will help catch all those Z’s.
It helps me get a lot of good rest.
To get up ready for the day next.
Waking up to the day anew
Wondering just what I will do.

(I’ll let someone finish this song)

The pillow is 4" in height

For the most part, if you currently use CPAP, you should have a fairly good idea if you need this or not. But for those who are new or are about to get on one…

If you don’t have a Full Face CPAP mask, you probably don’t need it. A Full Face mask is one that covers the nose and mouth. Most Nasal and Nasal Pillows masks (cover the nose only, and go into the nose directly, respectively) are small enough that this pillow probably* won’t really have any effect.

As previously mentioned, it has a tube loop attached. This is basically a stretch of fabric that has a bit of velcro at the end. It’s fairly useful to keep your tube in place relative to the pillow itself, but also as mentioned before, with a pillowcase it basically becomes useless.

The “high grade medical foam” is not the same thing as memory foam - it is nowhere near as firm as memory foam, but it’s got fairly good support.

I work at a CPAP-only DME, so I’m actually playing with our demo pillow right now. All else aside, they are pretty nice pillows, and half off what we sell them for. If you’ve been thinking about one but didn’t want to invest the $60, now’s your best shot.

*Not all faces are the same, and I guarantee there is someone out there with a tiny mask that absolutely needs this. This will be uncommon, however. Also, if you like to sleep on your stomach, this will still probably be a good thing to get.

Buy a buckwheat pillow and you’ll get a good night sleep. I have one and a cheap metal hose holder (both from Amazon)that slips under the mattress and goes over your head.

I too fell for the side sleeper pillow… I still use it occasionally, but never as it was designed.

This. that way it’ll work no matter what orientation you sleep in. Also, forget a specialized hose holder. I use a large 3m hook so I can suspend the hose in the air. Cuts down on rainouts and helps to keep the hose from pulling my mask down.

Totally agree on the specialized hose holder. Also, if you have an issue with rainout, the quickest and easiest way to completely solve that problem is to turn the humidifier down a bit. You could also use a tube cover, and if you have the most rudimentary sewing skills you could buy 2 yards of fabric and make your own. If your way works and you never experience it again, you’re home free. It doesn’t matter how you solve it so long as you solve it.

Dear Woot, you are God.

How do you know that I am about to be put on a CPAP machine? Are you in the Obama administration or something? :wink:

Just had my sleep study last Thursday and doc called on Friday to say that I need a machine and a second study on the machine. Now on Monday you have this?

Yep, you are God.

Wondering if that smell is similar to that of a new memory foam mattress.

You may want to try laying it on a towel and leaving it outside all day in the sun. You can also go and squish it periodically. This helps the foam “off-gas” better.

As a CPAP owner and nightly user, this is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. For one, I can’t sleep in any other position than on my back because if I do, the pressure from the CPAP fills up my stomach and other areas with air instead of just my lungs. This is not a good product for myself and anyone else not able to sleep in any other position than on their back.

For someone that sleeps on their side, maybe its a good idea for keeping the seal intact while having their heads turned, but I can do that with a regular pillow as well.

Gotta love marketing, trying to sell you something you probably don’t need and already have a good working product.

191x234

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hlFCCSnGtWQ/UFnvgzXpuhI/AAAAAAAAAfE/aVu6BaRCmiA/s1600/its_magic.jpg[/img]

It’s made in China, so it quite likely IS crap.

sweet! Me and my sister Leia have been looking for a Father’s Day Gift- and this is PERFECT!

Forgive me- *My sister Leia and I.

Personally I have sleep apena and need a CPAP machine. I’m 30 yrs old, 6’4" and 195lbs, and by no means overweight. I keep a fairly healthy diet and I run every other day. I understand the stereotype but not everyone fits in it.

hahaha thats amazing! And totally true. You probably just increased sales