Cradlepoint PHS300 Personal Portable WiFi Hotspot

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
Who ya gonna call? wooters.us!

Cradlepoint PHS300 Personal Portable WiFi Hotspot [New] - $99.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Cradlepoint PHS300 Personal Portable WiFi Hotspot 3G

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Honestly, I don’t get the point of these. Can someone point me to advantages, purposes, etc?

Product Website

The product website and a quick start guide.

$149, and many good reviews at Amazon.

Just incase i want to bring my desktop computer to a Starbucks?

There’s a Cradlepoint PHS300 review on Buzzillions.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/cradlepoint-phs300-personal-wifi-hotspot-reviews

how heavy is this?

Will this make my iPhone a hotspot?

Does anyone know the range (of the signal) on this thing?

Why are you giving everyone my email address???

>Of course, the Cradlepoint WiFi Hotspot won’t work with an iPhone, since Apple thinks tethering is almost as bad for you as Flash . . .

hey! i resemble that remark!!!

%^)

Because you asked me to…

Do you not know how to read?
Try LOOKING at the description.

Can I get rid of my internet and just use this?

if iphone has mobile web
then yes

Would this essentially allow me to create a hotspot for my laptop by using my data plan for my smartphone from Sprint?

Or do you still need to buy that second data plan that Sprint offers for the mobile hotspots?

I’m confused…

Do you need a subscription from a major company (Comcast, Verizon, etc) to use this?

I have a different version of this, the CTR-350. I actually use it quite a bit, I’m actually tempted to get the one up on Woot since it actually has a battery. This would be great in an airport, just plug in my VZW USB stick, turn it on, and leave it in my bag. No reason for everyone to know I have a USB modem.

Also this would be good when i’m not near internet and need to get a few computers online, like if I want to go to a remote spot with some co-workers and let them use my VZW internet without going through the trouble of connection sharing.