Creality CR-10 V2 FDM 3D Printer

Creality CR-10 V2 FDM 3D Printer

Now I am sitting here debating if I want to retire my Ender 3 Pro and get a CR-10 v2 for a bigger bed that I don’t necessarily need, but kinda desire.

1 Like

I feel strangely tempted, because HexaBase. Also have some possible robotics projects to do.

Dear Woot Staffers,

3DP newbie question: In the image stating “more extension…” what is meant by “motor not included”? Just trying to determine if this printer is ready to use out-of-the-box.

Yes it works out of the box as is.

With most of the cr and ender line of printers you can modify and extend them to handle different situations and filaments.

1 Like

Yes it is,

I believe the motor is for the “direct drive” conversion. But is is ready to use as it is.

1 Like

I bought this last time it was offered (same price) and was shocked at how well it printed right out of the box. It is very large, so I do need to come up with a place to keep it :slight_smile: But that is the point - it has a big printable area, especially compared to my other printer - Monoprice Mini Delta… that printer is fine, and much faster, but definitely left me wanting in the build size department.

The motor they refer to is a “direct drive” extrusion motor - it comes with the usual Bowden tube setup. You only want the direct drive if you are using specialty filament that requires it - otherwise it just adds unnecessary weight and (probably) slows you down.

The first pic might be misleading. This printer does NOT print in multiple colors, at least not in a way that would produce similar results. Filament changes must be done manually, and multiple changes would be needed for each and every layer with more than one color.

Seems it’s printed in multiple parts.