Creality Ender 3 Max 3D Printer Large (Open Box)

Creality Ender 3 Max 3D Printer Large (Open Box)

I thought I was getting a good deal here :pensive: The sale stated this printer was “new” and marked as inspected, and I highly doubt both statements.

The first thing I saw when I opened the box was a return label, with another wooter’s name and home address, taped to the top of the foam insert. Everything looked in place though, so I unboxed all the parts. After getting the biggest two pieces out, I found this:

In case you can’t tell what you’re looking at here, that’s the print head under an absolutely MASSIVE glob of filament. I honestly have no idea how somebody managed to do that.

I will obviously send in a support ticket, but I was just wondering what exactly a Woot! inspection entails, because this should have obviously been caught :frowning:

2 Likes

Good lord someone really borked their print about as bad as the inspection.

Hey, free print though!

3 Likes

Oh no! I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

3 Likes

Uh… congrats on the free 3D printed rock?

I really want to know the story behind this one. How much had to go wrong before they boxed it up and sent it back?

3 Likes

If the usual sub reddis are any indication, then it was a combination of: print adhesion and not understanding slicer settings that flummoxed them enough to return it.

3 Likes

Check reddit to see if the former owner asked for help with their first print :laughing:

4 Likes

I did last night, and they’ve already taken care of me :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! My décor is black/red/white, so it fits right in.

I do too. I’m cautious with these kinds of toys, and I stick around and watch for the first 5 or so minutes on my prints to make sure everything is going okay. Since I have their name and address (:roll_eyes: oh woot!), I could write them a letter and ask what exactly happened.

3 Likes

@die13lda write them a letter from the printer “why did you send me back”

2 Likes

the lion king laughing GIF by DisneyJunior

I could literally send it from the printer.

1 Like

Holy crap! That is both amazing and scary. I have printed my fair share of spaghetti, as has most anyone who has ever owned a 3d printer, but dammit, son! That is one hell of a fvck up. I’d put that on a shelf with a 3d printed plaque as a reminder… that way no matter how bad your print turns out, at least it doesn’t look like that! lol

2 Likes

Person who packed it up all nice and got a full refund:

1 Like

LOL! That’s a good idea. I already have a replacement extruder assembly on order.

Send them the rock they printed

1 Like

@davejlives Are there any Buckets left? I think @die13lda needs one for their new pet rock.

1 Like