Creative Labs I-Trigue 2300 2.0 Speaker System

I own the 2200 version and for all purposes it is the same but looks different.

As speakers they are great. They lack a little in the bass response but everything else sounds crystal clear. The only thing that bothers me is there tippy. But for that price they are defiantly worth it. I think I may have payed $60 when I originally bought mine about a year and a half ago.

Pros: Loud crystal clear mid-high ranges. Classy looking
Cons: Tippy and basic bass.

Sub note: With the 2200 you could plug a powered sub woofer in the back and it would offload the bass sound to it… You might be able to do that with these but I have no clue.

Well I hope that helps

podquard: Who shows measurements on products in centimeters?

… The rest of the world …

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Creative Labs I-Trigue 2300 2.0 Speaker System
$24.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product: 1 Creative Labs I-Trigue 2300 2.0 Speaker System

Guys,

ARE THESE FOR COMPUTERS?
WHAT ARE CENTIMETERS?

These conversion units:
Dimension (L x W x H) Satellite Speaker: 11cm x 6.5cm x 22.5cm
Dimension (L x W x H) Satellite Speaker: 4.331” x 2.559” x 8.858”
Look too weird?
Are these like pocket speakers for a cell phone conversation with Elvis?
WOOT, are you trying to tweak my timber here? Or do these just have some mysterious, cosmic synchronicity with shapely sets of electric blue earplugs?

I’d go with the cosmic synchronicity.

You do realize that those drivers are probably less than 3 inches hence no bass. And the specs on $2.50 ear buds are slightly fudged and even if they go that low, the clarity is minimal.

I also have the 2200 and paid at least double what woot is selling the 2300s for.

Sound quality is decent at lower volume levels. Bass is lacking, but if you’re looking for that thump that resonates in your gut, odds are you’ll be wanting something much beefier for the inevitable higher power levels.

Good luck finding that powered sub from creative. Maybe someone else sells one that’s appropriate.

The TONE adjustment reminds of a crappy boomboxes from twenty years ago. It’s best left alone.

The headphone jack spits out sound at a depressingly low volume.

The volume control pot got scratchy in a bad hurry. I find that “cleaning” it by rotating it back and forth a few dozen times helps for a little while, but I’m sure that’s just accelerating the wiper’s inevitable failure.

For the price they’re allright so long as you acknowledge that these are not the perfect set of speakers, but will do great in situations where you want some inexpensive decent-quality speakers … such as a location that occasionally sees a laptop parked nearby or to bridge the gap between headphones and a speaker rack … tending more towards headphones.

How are these things powered? USB? Wall wart? Batteries? … ?

Centimeters are the units of measure that, by law, we should have begun using in the late 1970's.  (Google "Metric Conversion Act of 1975")
You picked up a few significant digits, there, didn't you?  Let's just say they're 4.3" x 2.6" x 8.9".

Imagine a pair of pretty black of ritz cracker stack tube thingies sitting on your desk. They’re fairly small, in my opinion had pleasent mids, acceptable highs, and a slight touch of bass. They’re very easy on the ears and look fashionable to boot. Good for personal sound… especially if you have whiny apartment neighbors or roommates. Fry’s and/or best buy might have them in their listening stations. I’m sure you guys could check out the klipsch 2.0 pair if you want something more serious without serious bass, but for $25+5 this is not a bad deal for sound clarity.

After wooting for 3 years, you should know enough to click on the picture of the Woot by now. If you do, you’ll see the AC power adapter.

I saw an article the other day through engadget that said a couple of ferrite beads will solve that problem easily.

Aug 19, 2008 12:18 AM [2513456]
hawk0168 wrote:120 Hz bottom end response??? the crappy 2-fer earbuds on regular woot.com go down to TWELVE Hz.
Who cares how low it can go if it sounds like poo? Also, most humans can’t hear anything below 20Hz.

NotOwning wrote:Ya, I wonder if these would work as computer speakers
Ya, they do work as computer speakers.

Actually “feeling” can occur at 20Hz, but definitely not “hearing.”

Even if you are too lazy to click the picture, the “In The Box” section tells you there is an AC power adapter…honestly

I see that some of you say that these will work for computer speakers. But, do they have an aux in for my iphone so I can have both my computer and iphone hooked up at the same time?

Oh good, I’m glad I’ll only be getting the necessary interference.

Good info. That’s why they were pushing metric so hard back in the 80’s. Too bad it never took off.

The I-Trigue speakers from Creative are pretty good. They are by far no where near an audiophile’s dream but they are a heck of a lot better than your normal laptop speakers. I don’t own this pair but do own the 2.1 system and have enjoyed them for the college life for about 4 years now.

Circuit City has these for $19 on clearance if you can find them at your local store. All south eastern stores have already gotten rid of theirs but some still have them remaining.

They retailed for about $60 MSRSP as mentioned above. They do have decent sound for a compact speaker.

Just wait around until you find a Circuit City deal for a 2.1 system. Got the Creative T3100 2.1 system for $13. This isn’t that good.