Creative Labs X-Dock Wireless Music System for iPod

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - Saving Woot prices for decades to come

Creative Labs X-Dock Wireless Music System for iPod
$39.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Creative Labs X-Dock Base Kit
  • 1 Creative Labs X-Dock Receiver Kit

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Price comparator post - Manually-optimized searches for relevant results

New Creative Labs X-Dock Wireless Music System for iPod, for $39.99 + $5 shipping
2 different products:[list][] 1x Creative Labs X-Dock Base Kit
[
] 1x Creative Labs X-Dock Receiver Kit
[/list]

[list][]Manual price comparator for Creative Labs X-Dock Wireless Music System for iPod
[
]Single-click comparison for this product[/list]http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

Not great quaality… It has to be close to the base to work…

Try it for the price thoe… if u want something like it.

Obligatory “Will it fit iPhone/Touch?”

some decent reviews via alatest…
http://alatest.com/reviews/mp3-digital-media-player-reviews/creative-docking-station-xdock-wireless/po3-52680831,287/

Oof, look at those iPod compatibility specs.

iPod 4th generation (original and color display)
iPod 5th generation (video)
iPod nano 1st, 2nd generation
iPod nano 3rd and 4th generation (audio only, video not supported, 4G will not charge on dock)
iPod mini 1st generation
iPod Classic (audio only, video not supported)
iPod Touch 1st and 2nd generation (audio only, video not supported, 2G will not charge on dock)
iPhone and iPhone 3G (video not supported, airplane mode recommended, 3G will not charge on dock)

Horrid, to be honest. Doesn’t charge? :frowning: For $40 I guess you have to sacrifice something.

what’s the point?

i agree… why cant you just plug your ipod into your stereo system or whatever?

Wow, not bad…Here’s what they’re going for on ebay:

eBay Results: Creative Labs X-Dock

In case anyone was wondering…

Maybe I’m missing something but wouldn’t it be easier to just use an av cable with your ipod and just move it to the room you want to use it in? I understand why you might want something like this for a PC but an ipod is probably smaller than the receivers you’d have to set up for this thing.

I like how it’s not compatible with Creative Labs mp3 players…

I have one of these. We use one in the hall bathroom hooked up to the toilet paper. When we run out of TP in the other bathroom we turn it on.

Agent1atl

Here’s what I do: get a earphone-to-stereo/rca plug, connect the iPod to the stereo inputs, plug in a cheapo charger and then you can charge the iPod and play music at the same time. the cable’s about $5 at radio shack or stores like that. why have such a complicated device?

it says it will

it sounds like an Apple TV would work better for this purpose… (seriously)
With this creative labs thing, how do you know what song you are playing when you are 100 feet away from the ipod screen?

Seems like it works as a regular dock that will connect to your computer via USB.

Hm. If I ever decide I want an overly complicated solution to the terrible problem of throwing my iPod into my pocket so I can listen with earbuds or headphones, this is it!

(I bought both the earbuds and the headphones on woot, too.)

umm what exactly does this do?

The voices in my head tell me I would be insane to buy this…

I’ll pass, they are always right.