Creative Zen V 2GB Portable Media Player

Mine wont skip chapter to chapter, I have to hold and ff or rew to where I want to go. Also even after converting video with the included software it won’t play sync’ed videos. You have any of these problems?

I bought he Zen V 4 gig, died after 15 min.

Woot - please answer - will this arrive by the 24th? or is it going by USPS?

Never in all my years with woot! has anything been shipped USPS. Still again I mention the Fedex investigation with smart post in the TX area, I personally have been getting all my woots! Fedex without smartpost. AVG time from TX to PA is 6 days from purchase day.

So it maybe close.

Bought the 4Gb Zen V Plus from Creative (refurbished) for $61 shipped. Not sure what a better deal would have been, but the plus plays movies too. Who knows…

Maybe next time woot.

Bought 2 of the 4 gigs last time they were up, very happy with them, You can drag and drop photo, video and mp3 right onto it, files and all. Very easy to use. The head phones suck so pick up a decent pair and you have yourself a very good little player…the ones I purchased were also refurbs but came packaged as new and look and work as if new…recommend…

Oh yeah it came fed-ex to my door in Washington in 4 days…

Wish I would have read this discussion before I clicked the buy button.
I would have gotten the Zen Plus from the Creative site mentioned above.
How can I cancel my Woot order?

Looked on the Creative website. The battery in the Zen V or Zen V Plus is NOT replaceable. When it dies, it dies. You can buy an extended warranty plan from Creative that will replace the battery when it no longer holds a charge, BUT only for new items, NOT refurbs even if you buy from the Creative site.

Positives: good bookmarking for long lectures

Negative: the battery issue.

service@woot.com

My First Woot… what the heck eh? Can never have enough mp3 players…or can we? :stuck_out_tongue:

as far as i know, my zen vision: m and my zen v plus 4gb aren’t drag and drop, they both use the zen media explorer which is pretty similar to windows explorer - the software is bundled with the player. but in this program is “removable disk manager” so i think (don’t quote me on this) that you can set your player as a removable disk and use the zen software to manage it. again, not true drag and drop but not bad, either.

I’d say that woot hopes this is the case. They offer one about every week, don’t they?? This one does seem like a very good deal!

And this only works on Windows XP? I have Win2000. Does that mean I would be unable to transfer songs and pictures to the device?

I could never settle with anything less than 4GB in a player.

500 average-length 128kbs per gig seems like a high estimate… with my assortment of bit rates, I can fit about 40 albums on my 4GB player.

No.

Who did you will you Zen to? Can I have it?

I’ve gotten 4 woots by smart post in Texas in the last month and the all got here in perfect condition and ontime or early.

I ordered the 4GB from here 2 wks ago, and Fedex delivered it to the wrong house. Merry Christmas, daughter, from Fedex.

All I need to know is if this little gadget has a SHUFFLE option. I have a “workout mix” that clocks in at about 1.5 gigs and would love to use this exclusively for this as my iPod is absolutely INCAPABLE OF SHUFFLING A PLAYLIST WITHOUT FREEZING (not that I’m bitter or anything).

Yes, it shuffles. With or without repeats. I bought this exact model almost 6 months ago and I’m extremely pleased with the performance. The bundled earphones are big and uncomfortable, but that’s easy enough to change. I thought I might need more than 2gb, but I’ve learned I don’t need more than that. It’s played for the full 17+ hour battery life and not finished everything I put on it. It’s also reasonably durable. It’s a solid, reliable product. The only downside is it doesn’t have a built-in USB connector to take advantage of the thumb drive functionality. It uses a cable.