Creative Zen V Plus 2GB Portable Media Player

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Creative Zen V Plus 2GB Portable Media Player
$32.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product(s): 1 Creative Zen V Plus 2GB Portable Media Player

Seems a little old, does creative zen make new players?

What are the chances that woot has the 2GB version at the same time that crapbox has the 4gb version? I am much more comfortable buying one from woot, rather than those thieves on that other site.

Bah…better deal than off MidnightBox a month ago…that one was $37.

Great player though, I love mine. Loads of features.

Absolute piece of shit. I ordered the Zen V last time, and sent it back because it would not power on after the first time. Don’t waste your time or money.

Gotta love the “creative” description, if you catch my drift.

Does it have voice recording?

what is that cable/adapter for?

does this have non standard phone jack?

also, this is just 2 gigs? non expandable with sd card or anything?

Nice player. If you miss the sale, these are available as refurbs from the Creative website store, for about the same price.

Damn.

James Kim.

RIP :frowning:

Absolutely loved mine when I had it and its new owner loves it just as much. It was only replaced bc the hubby bought me a Shuffle - and I couldn’t not use the gift.

Screen is great, and it’s one of few players I’ve found that bookmarks (perfect for audiobooks). Sound quality was decent, though I immediately scrapped the earbuds that came with it. FM radio reception was pretty good.

I hated the Creative software, but fortunately, you can drag and drop the music as needed. IIRC you have to use the software for images and videos, but I didn’t play around with that much.

Awesome little player for the price (I paid over 100$ for it), and it fits quite nicely in the hand, very sleek and curvy.

Reviews from the last time this was sold here:

http://sellout.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1879384&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=56

not V Plus

so it costs more now? hmmm…

Mine came with a mini to mini cable - I think the idea is that you can plug it into, say, a CD player, and record directly to the player. It’s PC-free. It’s a totally standard headphone jack.

To answer someone else’s question, yes, there is voice recording, but I can’t personally vouch for the quality.

And unfortunately, yes, it is just 2 gigs - nonexpandable. That was perfectly fine with me, but obviously it depends on what you want to use it for.

No, this time around it is the Plus version (radio and video added).

Btw, with shipping this version is $6.75 cheaper here than directly from Creative (also refurb).

If there were IPODS being offered, say, a touch 8gb for 50 bucks :wink:

A friendly reminder,

The refurb. Zens do not always power up immediately. Most of the time, you have to charge it for a while first.

BTW: Have a Zen V Plus…Love it!