Creminelli Artisan Porchetta Roast

Bruno Mars buy me some meat!

And this relates to an $80 PORK roast how? Oh, good grief…this is so beyond pathetic, I can’t even reply with a modicum of intelligence. Rabbit; not interested. Have eaten it.

Ham’s good. Cheaper, too.

At the risk (no, I do NOT care) of repeating myself…who, would EVER pay this amount of money for a pork roast?

Drag yourself to your local grocer.

So you don’t have to ask again, I’ll answer your question. This guy:

Last Wooter to Woot: gdesilvio

Anyway, semi-relevant to this offering (not really) but not so much to most people, there’s a food truck (Roli Roti) in SF that sells an amazing porchetta sandwich (albeit the only porchetta anything I’ve ever had). If you’re not against pork (or pork skin, mmhmmm), I highly recommend trying it.

This is probably delicious and well worth the price, but…

Given the choice, I’d rather have a turducken. But that’s just me.

I’ve been making my own porchetta for several years. So when I see this $70 ticket, I nearly passed out. Seriously though, folks, buy a loin and get a decent recipe and make your own. Waaaay more worth it.

Frustrating, as I want this, but just can’t justify the really high price per pound. But for a prepared heat and serve (or simply just eat) product, I’d end up paying something similar anyway…

WHY YOU DO THIS TO US WOOT? But boy, I’ve got some wine that would pair wonderfully with this, and some port on the way that’d be very nice after this with some dark chocolate covered cherries…

Decisions, decisions…

Instead of immediately flipping to another page, I thought I’d check out the nutrition facts under ‘Specs’ just for fun. WOW. A 2oz serving (about 56 grams) has 16g of fat, 140 calories from fat, 190 calories total. Not only would we have to slice this very thinly, but my husband, who won’t eat fat, would have to trim off over a quarter of his portion.

Now I do like me some very crispy bacon for an indulgence, but this is too much for us.

‘Sweet Mother of Onion Jelly’.
I may have learned a new curse today. Thanks woot!

Is this Kosher l o l !!! ; )

LOL “Vegetarian fed diet”.
Pigs are omnivores. Is this supposed to make us meat eaters who think vegetarians are more healthy buy this in thinking that a vegetarian pig is more healthy for us to eat? Niche marketing at its best.

I agree…“Stop Whining” !!! Prepaired foods over the internet are often way over priced,its the nature of the beast and the guy complaining about it “rotting” in the back of the trucks etc is absurd…mail order food has been around forever ,even before the internet so its one thing if u think this is overpriced but get a grip…some things are just expensive but it doesnt mean they r rotting pieces of crap !!!

More like “vegetarian FAD diet”.

Seriously now, carnivore meat is usually less tasty than herbivore. Perhaps omnivores taste better when fed a herbivore diet.

Ooh would you mind sharing your recipe? TIA :slight_smile:

I’ll hold out for a Turducken.

Let the clueless hate, for anyone who knows this is actually around the average price for a good Porchetta.

It’s fairly obvious by the comments hardly anyone actually knows what actually goes into making one.

Trader Joe’s was selling cooked corned beef for close to $16 a pound last week. This pork seems comparable to something that one might buy from Williams-Sonoma or D’Artagnan. I certainly don’t need this much pork roast and I can make my own but it seems very reasonable for what it is.

I shudder to think what is used as a preservative. If it keeps any bacteria from growing for weeks just think what it will do to the healthy bacteria living in out digestive track.

Gotta love buzzwords

I must be shopping at the wrong store, because that my friend is 1 very large tenderloin… which I might add is the total opposite from a roast.