Creminelli Artisan Salami - 4 Pack

Creminelli Artisan Salami - 4 Pack
$34.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Salami
PRODUCTS:
2 Sticks of Tartufo Salami with Black Truffles - 7 oz.
1 Stick of Casalingo Salami - 7 oz.
1 Stick of Creminelli Salami - 7 oz.

Product website

Previous offer:
12/23/10

Got this last time around… SOOOO tasty!!!

I bought this on the last Woot-Off, and it was soooooooo yummy! Great with a tannic red wine, great with soup and crackers, great by itself. Especially the tartufo, if you can get past the stinky feet smell. :slight_smile:

We sell these salumi at the deli I work at. They are awesome. Shame they don’t have my two faves in the mix. If you can find them, get the Barolo and the wild boar. AWESOME.

Got it the last time. Its not bad at all. Just takes time to peal.

Are there any reviews on this stuff? Also, how does one usually eat this? Just cut up in cubes and eat it with wine, or do you put it on a sandwich?

My issue with this was that the last time I ordered these (as a 2-pack) they were rock-hard and almost impossible to slice.

Now, I know that it’s supposed to be “hard salami” but we’re talking so hard that I couldn’t get ANY knife through it, not even for razor-thin shavings, even after I left it out at room temperature.

FWIW I’ve gotten this from Murray’s in Grand Central (ie not shipped to me) and it was much better.

Bought one of these last time around for my husband.

Do not peel this salami in front of a man. It seems to make them very uncomfortable.

Otherwise…it’s delicious.

I really hope the Wood Ranch Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil makes an appearance. It was aweesome!

I’ve ordered these twice now. Best salami I’ve had in the U.S. hands down.

How long can I expect this Salami to last? What’s the best storage method?

“Cubes”? Well, I guess you could, but really thinly sliced works better, IMO.

I believe I have found the Creminelli Salami and Casalingo Salami at Wegmans, for a touch less than here. But haven’t see the Tartufo Salami anywhere in NoVa to buy retail.

This pack has the Barolo in it, but it isn’t the same pack that Woot had last time which did include the boar-based stuff.

Honestly, both of those are pants compared to the truffled salami. :slight_smile: Truffles = win.

Got this on the last w00f0ff, and it’s pretty tasty, but it smells to high heaven.

It took me a while, but eventually I figured out the trick. Don’t try to cut, it’s pretty much impossible no matter how good your knife is. However, get a knife with a sharp blade, place it on top of the salami, and bear down with the meat of your palm on the blade itself. Goes straight through and gives you a cleanly sliced… well, slice of salami.

I ordered these the first time they came up and ordered two this round. Very good stuff, though they do get a little tough to slice after a while.

Forgive my ignorance. I figured it might be similar to just having little cubes of cheese to snack on.

I vote for this to be a quality post.

I got these last time and thought they were great! After reading all the horror stories of peeling I was worried, but I guess I found them no more difficult to peel than any other I’ve had (easier than some even).

It for sure helps if you let it set at room temp for about 10 minutes or so before you peel. Also, I have crappy old knives and didn’t think these were very hard to cut.

The flavor and quality was great. We just like to slice it thin and serve with a stinky cheese and baguette. I would be in again except for budget concerns :frowning: