Creminelli Artisan Salami - 4 Pack

peel the salami? i just eat it as is. although i have not had this exact one, i have had meats that looked similar (with the white coating) and i just slice and enjoy!

I found that this taste optimal in thin slices. Thicker slices/chunks tend to draw in that “odor” which is pretty rancid, although it tastes good (odd).

In their last offer here, they said something like a salami will keep well for two weeks in the fridge, wrapped up in the paper. For longer fridge storage (like 4 weeks, maybe) keep the salami refrigerated in a plastic bag.

That has worked well for me… it’s very good stuff.

You should be able to find it in Cesare’s link above.

You don’t want to eat this casing, it’s pretty grose when you peel it off. It’s definitely not going to add anything positive to the taste.

Was thinking the exact same thing!

I second this motion.

Probably a bit hard for a sandwich, honestly, even if you could get it sliced thin enough. Goes very nicely with a red wide and a sharp cheese.

Got this once last year and loved it.
Got it last time around (different varieties)
and hated it. It was so bad I couldn’t
GIVE it away - put it all cut up on an
appetizer platter and anyone who tasted
it made a weird face and politely spit
it out into a napkin. Sorry, but major
ick factor.

Agreed, this stuff is delicious, but it is somewhat difficult to peal. I just ended up eating the peal too.

I really, really want to try this but can’t see spending $10 a stick X4 for salami.

But I love salami. Will I have salami buyers remorse if I click the button anyway?

Maybe it’s just because I’m hungry.

ACK, I wish you had posted 5 mins sooner.

In for 1.

Out of curiosity, which varieties didn’t turn out so well? Might it have been a one-off quality control issue rather than the type of salami itself?

I got the white truffle and sopressata when it was originally offered and they were both delicious.

Anybody try this and compare to Trader Joes offering for like 20 bucks for 4 7 oz. sticks?

Bought it last time, and it’s hard to slice (blistered my finger! bad technique.), but worth it. The texture is extremely chewy, though; almost like jerky. I say delicious; some may find it too assertive. My brother ate half of one of the truffle ones before he found out he was supposed to peel it, and it interfered with his enjoyment not a jot.

I had good luck with the technique that works for cookies that are a little “past their prime” and starting to harden up…
I sliced the salami pretty thin (as best I could!) then placed it in the fridge in a zip lock bag with a couple slices of bread - the bread imparts “moisture” to the salami and the bread gets hard, the salami gets softer.

got mine and opened up a tartufo - delicious and easy to peel! i’m guessing it’ll dry out over time and get harder to peel, but today no problems at all, sausage was rather soft