Creminelli Prosciutto, Approx 9.5lbs

This is so tempting. I just had their salami delivered yesterday as well as some Beehive cheeses. My gout hasn’t flared up for several months so it’s about due. I’ll probably snag one.

1 Like

I just spent $10 on 3oz of Prosciutto. So by that logic, if I bought this and only used a pound and a half of it, I would be even. Gah

2 Likes

The product page says “Guaranteed delivery before Christmas,” so I’m hoping that’s the case!

It also says:

"Shipping

• Standard shipping included.
  • Standard - Estimated delivery Jan 08 - Jan 14"

Which is it Woot?

Based on a Mod’s comments this week (was it only yesterday?), the standard shipping dates post automatically, but if the description tells you something different, go with that.

1 Like

anyone want to split this 3-4 ways? This is a steal but I can’t go through that much charcuterie… without thinking like lacrema haha (you’re right BTW)

I think you said years when you meant to say weeks:stuck_out_tongue:

Just got mine today. Expiration date 02/14/19. Was expecting a 12mo shelf life…looks like we’ll be eating prosciutto for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner every day for the next couple months.

I have been cutting off a section and re-vacuum sealing the rest. At this rate I doubt I’ll make it to February but it should last a good while longer in the fridge.

No bone. I stand corrected.

I stored my prosciutto wrapped as received in a small fridge for about 8 months, then I cut it into quarters, vacuum sealing three of the quarters in Food Saver bags and freezing them. The fourth quarter, I cut on a deli slicer, which I happen to own, as needed in paper thin slices, re-vacuum sealing the bulk of it each time I cut it. The section in use, I keep in the fridge vacuum sealed, with the sliced pieces in a baggy.

This stuff is delicious and addictive. I carefully trim the excess fat and rind from the piece I am working with as I am trying to cut down on calories. The fat trimmings I cook up and feed the fried out pieces to the grand dogs a few at a time as treats. Boy do they love that!

If one uses the label information (190 cals/28 g) to calculate calories per gram, this is a calorie bomb at 6.79 cals/gram. When I trimmed the fat and carefully calculated the calories of the trimmed prosciutto (i.e., less the caloric weight of the fat @ 8.846 cals/gram), this only reduced the calories per gram of the trimmed piece to 6.34 cals/gram, which is off by about a factor of three, if one looks up cals/gram for prosciutto. Most on-line values for sliced prosciutto come in around 2 cals/gram. My calculations and weights are correct, so I can only assume that the label information is off. At least that is what I hope. I am eating it anyway and would buy this again in a heartbeat, if and when it is ever offered.

Protein is 4cal/g, so the 2cal/g number is off.
And any prosciutto is going to have some fat mixed in so the 6-7 range seems right.