CRKT Ken Onion Shenanigan Razor Edge Knife

Available on E-Bay right this second for as little as $32.00 with free shipping…in other words less than Woot…what a joke Woot has become …its rare to get a bargain here anymore…

Actually the least expensive with free shipping that I saw was $32.99

BUT…

it isn’t the same model that is offered here.

From EBay:

"CRKT: Onion-Shenanigan “flipper” Knife K480KKP

Here we have the “ONION-SHENANIGAN” knife, and this is a FIRST PRODUCTION run as printed on the blade. I figure the “Shenanigan” is that Ken Onion is a designer for Kershaw Knives, now designing this knife for (CRKT) Columbia River Knife & Tool (model: K480KKP). What makes this manual opening “flipper” knife special is the Teflon & Bronze Bushings in the pivot gives very smooth operation when opening the blade. The extra-lightweight handle is made of durable polymer Zytel with checkered texture and index-finger grooved for a secure & comfortable grip".

From Woot:

"Columbia River Knife and Tool K470KKP Ken Onion Shenanigan

Shenanigan™ Aluminum. The sport model features an AUS8 stainless steel blade and a cold-forged 6061-T6 aluminum frame with a beadblast finish, clear anodized for durability. The stainless steel liner lock is a strip lock, inset into one frame to save weight. Finally, soft, textured, injection-molded scales are inset in the frame. This makes for a frame that is exceptionally strong, lightweight and comfortable. Finally, the sport model blades receive a black titanium nitrite coating for corrosion resistance.

The combination of contoured handle, index finger notch and checkered grip pattern make the Shenanigan models very friendly to the hands.

Blade Length: 3.25"
Blade Material: AUS 8
Style: Modified Drop Point
Lock: Locking Liner"

The difference is the handle. Woot’s is Aluminum and Ebay is Zytel.

For the same item at EBay:

“Columbia River CRKT Onion Shenanigan Knife Forged Aluminum Handle Plain K470KKP
$61.95
Buy It Now
Free shipping”

I purchased this knife (times 2) months ago from woot. I use it as my edc (every day carry) at work. I don’t abuse it, but I don’t coddle it either. It will take and retain an edge very well. It’s a hefty knife, not overly weighty, with a good feel to it. I really like this knife. My edc not at work is the CRKT onion ripple. Very nice quality on the shenanigan. Opens easily with one hand as well as one handed closing.